The UN health agency WHO confirmed on Friday that coronavirus numbers are spiking globally and that we “should expect more cases” in the coming winter months in the northern h ...
Scientists are tracking a highly mutated variant of the virus which causes COVID-19 to understand the extent it can spread or the manner in which it can react against human immunity.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is currently tracking several COVID-19 "variants of interest", including EG.5 which is on the rise in several countries, Director-General Ted ...
Kathmandu: Nepal has confirmed the spread of Omicron’s sub-variant XBB.1.16 in the Himalayan nation.
Dhaka: Sarah Gilbert, who led a team that developed the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, believes that SARS-CoV-2 will likely recede into the background in the upcoming times.
New York: The World Health Organization (WHO) is concerned about the COVID-19 surge in China, Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Wednesday, in his first virtual briefing ...
New York: The UN warned that the COVID-19 pandemic is still a cause for global concern, and outbreaks of cholera, Ebola and Monkeypox (now renamed mpox) led to the mobilization of health ...
Dhaka: Bangladesh registered 36 COVID-19 deaths in the past 24 hours, media reports said.
Beijing: Beijing recorded the highest number of COVID-19 cases in the last 18 months just ahead of the start of the Winter Olympics here.
- NeoCoV virus: Wuhan scientists warn of new coronavirus strain with higher infection rate, fatality
- Pakistan may face COVID-19 fifth wave in February: Experts
- Still ‘not clear’ whether Omicron COVID variant is more transmissible or more severe than Delta: WHO
- Chinese mainland reports 57 locally transmitted Covid-19 cases
- COVID-19: Indian Prime Minister Modi announces door-to-door vaccination drive