London: A high blood caffeine level may reduce the body weight a person carries and their risk of type 2 diabetes, according to research.
Bannu: Pakistan's first polio case of 2023 was reported from Bannu on Friday as the country failed once again to free itself from the disease.
Edmonton: It may be better to let a mild fever run its course instead of automatically reaching for medication, new University of Alberta research suggests.
During the pandemic, it became clear that children who contracted COVID-19 became less ill than adults. One hypothesis has been that common colds would give children immunity protecting a ...
No less than 55 countries are struggling with serious health worker shortages as they continue to seek better paid opportunities in wealthier nations that have stepped up efforts to recru ...
Chicago: Instant noodle burns accounted for nearly a third of all pediatric scald admissions at the University of Chicago Medicine between 2010 and 2020, according to a new study publishe ...
New Orleans: Giving noncritically ill patients hospitalized for COVID-19 a higher dose of blood-thinning medication than usual did not significantly reduce the combined risk of death from ...
New York: The ketogenic or “keto” diet, which involves consuming very low amounts of carbohydrates and high amounts of fats, has been gaining popularity.
Galway: Researchers at University of Galway have found that people with symptoms of depression were more likely to suffer an acute stroke and have a worse recovery afterwards.
- Respiratory disease in early childhood linked to higher risk of death for adults: Study
- China: Netizens express displeasure as Xian proposes return of lockdown to combat flu outbreak
- Legalizing cannabis fails to address health risks: UN drugs control board
- A pinch (less) of salt can save lives, WHO says in new report
- Tropical cyclone Freddy set to further weaken cholera-hit Malawi