Beijing/UNI/Xinhua: The Chinese mainland reported 57 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases in the past 24 hours, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
Of the new local cases, 40 were reported in Liaoning, four each in Hebei and Inner Mongolia, three in Jiangxi, two in Heilongjiang, and one each in Beijing, Henan, Sichuan and Yunnan, the commission said.
Also reported were 18 new imported cases, including one previously reported asymptomatic carrier, it said.
One new suspected case arriving from outside the mainland was reported in Shanghai, and no new deaths related to Covid-19 were reported on Friday, said the commission.
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food
- Study finds kiwifruit is a powerful mood booster
- More than one million lives were saved in Europe due to COVID-19 vaccines, says WHO
- WHO reports show cholera cases rising globally