Dhaka: Bangladesh registered 36 COVID-19 deaths in the past 24 hours, media reports said.
Meanwhile, 8,359 new COVID-19 cases were also recorded in the past 24 hours.
The total death toll in the country due to the virus now stands at 28,560.
Among the eight divisions, Dhaka recorded the highest number of cases and deaths with 6,036 infections and 25 fatalities. Chattogram recorded 1,276 cases and two deaths, reports bdnews24.
- COVID-19: Australia to end mandatory isolation
- Time to address mental health issues in the workplace, UN agencies urge
- Build momentum to ‘finish the job’ and end COVID-19 pandemic, Guterres urges
- Noncommunicable diseases now ‘top killers globally’ – UN health agency report
- Seven Ebola cases, one death confirmed in Uganda, WHO scales up response