Kabul: The Taliban’s Ministry of Propagation of Virtue and Prohibition of Vice has issued yet another bizarre diktat by which female TV presenters are directed to wear masks while going live.
The order was officially announced on Wednesday, May 19 by Taliban Ministry of Interior agents to MOBY Group television channels, including TOLONews, reports Khaama Press.
Officials in charge of the communiqué instructed female MOBY Group presenters and operators that the order was “indisputable” and should be considered without any debate.
Afghanistan's Taliban rulers earlier issued yet another bizarre diktat as they directed female staff members of the UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) to wear the hijab, media reports said.
The direction was issued by the Taliban’s Ministry for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice.
The organization shared its direction given by the Taliban with its employees on Monday.
- Chinese authorities arresting Tibetan thinkers for upholding their culture and rights: Report
- Human rights under threat in DR Congo and beyond, Security Council hears
- People with voice and conscience are victims of 'enforced disappearance' in Pakistan
- UN rights office in probe call, after Morocco-Spain migrant deaths, Texas tragedy, show need for safer pathways
- US: Bodies of 46 people recovered from abandoned lorry close to San Antonio