Kabul: At least eight people were killed when a passenger bus hit a roadside bomb in western Farah province of Afghanistan on Tuesday, media reports said.
According to reports, the incident left 40 others injured.
Nasir Mehri, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the incident took place on the Farah-Herat highway in the Farah Rod area of Bala Baluk district at 4am.
The injured people were rushed to hospital for treatment.
Mehri accused the Taliban of planting the bomb.
Militants have not commented on the issue so far.
- Pakistani illegal migrants use Bosnia visa fraud route to EU: The Times London Report
- ‘Timeless message of unity’ resonates on holy day celebrating Buddhism, amidst pandemic
- Gunmen storm into Sikh temple in Kabul killing four, encounter on
- India to surpass China as most populous country in the world by 2024
- Landmine explosion in Afghanistan leaves five municipality members hurt