Islamabad: A Frontier Corps soldier died and two other security personnel sustained injuries during a cross-border attack from Afghanistan to Balochistan's Chaman district, media reports said on Monday.
Afghan security officials allegedly opened fire on the FC personnel while they were deployed on duty on the Pakistani side of the Bab-e-Dosti near Chaman, as per Levies officials as quoted by Geo News.
"As a result of the attack, one FC trooper was martyred while two were injured due to bullets shot at them during the exchange of fire between security officials of the two countries," the Pakistani news channel reported.
Pakistani authorities contacted the Afghanistan government for a ceasefire in the area.
- Pakistan: Karachi Police arrest suspected IS-linked terrorist
- Pakistan: Security personnel gun down 12 TTP terrorists in Lakki Marwat
- Pakistan: Blast close to Quetta Police Lines leaves five people injured
- Pakistan: Two terrorists killed during exchange of fire with security forces
- Pakistan: TTP terrorists attack Mianwali police station