Photo Courtesy: Wajul Baloch X Page
An exchange of gunfire erupted between the Afghan military and Pakistani border soldiers at the Torkham checkpoint on Wednesday, eyewitnesses told Sputnik.
According to eyewitnesses, clashes affected several thousand people as civilian were forced to leave their homes and flee the area.
The Torkham checkpoint is one of the three key trade and transit routes between Afghanistan and Pakistan, used by Islamabad to deliver its goods to Central Asia.
(With UNI inputs)
- Sri Lankan government introduces pilot project of adding AI into school
- Security Council reiterates call for immediate and safe aid delivery to Gaza amid ongoing conflict with Israel
- Shehbaz Sharif elected as Pakistan PM for second time, vows to fight country's debt crisis
- UN chief Antonio Guterres appeals for greater support for small islands fighting climate change
- Joe Biden administration orders probe into security risks of Chinese-made cars