Dhaka: Bangladesh registered 15,527 new coronavirus in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Wednesday.
The total caseload in the country now stands at 1,731,524.
The death toll rose to 28,273 as 17 more patients died from the disease in the 24 hours to 8 am on Wednesday, according to the latest government data, reports bdnews24.
Dhaka, the capital city, recorded the highest number of cases and deaths with 9,456 infections and 10 fatalities.
- Pollution responsible for nine million deaths in 2019, with little progress in four years: Study
- Israel cancels Covid-19 tests for inbound travelers
- Smokers who switch to e-cigarettes may adopt other healthy routines: Study
- Total Covid-19 incidence rate in North Korea spikes to 1.2 mln
- WHO ready to support DPR Korea battle COVID-19 infections