Dhaka: Bangladesh registered 15,527 new coronavirus in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Wednesday.
The total caseload in the country now stands at 1,731,524.
The death toll rose to 28,273 as 17 more patients died from the disease in the 24 hours to 8 am on Wednesday, according to the latest government data, reports bdnews24.
Dhaka, the capital city, recorded the highest number of cases and deaths with 9,456 infections and 10 fatalities.
- Mali: WHO doctor seized by ‘unidentified assailants’, as UNHCR raises alarm over continuing violence
- North Korea imposes five-day lockdown in Pyongyang to battle rising cases of 'respiratory illness'
- China says 80% of its population have had Covid-19: Reports
- WHO calls for action to totally eliminate trans fat, ‘a toxic chemical that kills’
- $2.54 billion needed to tackle unprecedented health needs in 2023: WHO