Image: Wallpaper Cave
Washington: US President Joe Biden has targeted China and said Beijing will have to face repercussions over human rights abuses.
"There will be repercussions for China," Biden told a CNN town hall event.
"What I’m doing is making clear that we, in fact, are going to continue to reassert our role as spokespersons for human rights at the U.N. and other — other agencies that have an impact on their attitude," he said.
"China is trying very hard to become the world leader and to get that moniker. And to be able to do that, they have to gain the confidence of other countries. And as long as they’re engaged in activity that is contrary to basic human rights, it’s going to be hard for them to do that," he said.
- Abducted girls released in northwest Nigeria, as fresh attacks rock country’s northeast
- UN agencies appeal for $266 million to feed refugees in eastern Africa
- China: Xinjiang now witnessing drop in birth rate
- Hong Kong National Security Law: 47 opposition figures charged with conspiracy to subvert state power
- Fate still unclear of ‘tens of thousands’ of civilian detainees in Syria