Kabul: Three Taliban mine planters were killed as a premature Improvised Explosive Device (IED) exploded in Afghanistan's south-eastern Paktiya province, media reports said on Saturday.
The Ministry of Interior (MoI) in a statement said the explosion took place on a highway in Afzal Khel area of Ahmadabad district, Khaama Press reported.
The statement further added that the militants were busy planting an IED on the roadside when it went off prematurely, reported the Afghanistan-based news agency.
The Taliban did not comment on the issue so far.
- Car bomb explodes close to NATO convoy in Afghanistan: Reports
- FBI suspects Florida Naval Base shooting was ‘Act of Terrorism': agent
- Canadian arrested in Turkey faces terrorism charges - RCMP
- South Sudan: UN calls for end to inter-communal clashes, attacks against aid workers
- Protests and civil unrest show ‘renewed sense of patriotism’ in Iraq, UN envoy tells Security Council