Kabul: An explosion rocked Afghanistan's Ghazni city on Wednesday and left at least three people killed, media reports said.
Interior Ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi confirmed to Khaama Press that the explosion has taken place close to former Provincial Reconstruction Office in Ghazni.
Rahimi further told the news agency that the security forces destroyed a car bomb with the rocket fire after identifying it.
He told the news agency that the driver of the vehicle was attempting to ram the car bomb into compound of the former PRT office.
The deceased reportedly included two policemen.
Several people were reportedly injured in the incident.
- Cyclone Amphan’s trail of destruction in Bangladesh and India; UN concerned
- Pakistan continues to support Taliban to counter India, says Pentagon report
- Unknown gunmen attack mosque in Afghanistan, seven killed
- Afghanistan: IED blast triggered by suspected Taliban terrorists leave four, including children, killed
- Afghanistan: Suspected Taliban terrorists set five people on fire after shooting them