Kabul: A Taliban leader has been shot dead by his own security guards in Afghanistan's Lagman province, media reports said on Wednesday.
The 201st Silab Corps announced Wednesday that Mawlavi Gul Mohammad alias Sheikh Sahib who was in charge of inviting militants to Taliban ranks was shot dead by his own security guard in Alisheng district, reported Khaama Press.
According to a statement released by 201st Silab Corps, Mawlavi Gul Mohammad was killed in Ghaziabad area of the district on Tuesday, reported the news agency.
After the killing, Mawlavi Gul Mohammad’s security guard reportedly handed himself over to security forces.
The Taliban did not comment on the issue so far.
- Cyclone Amphan’s trail of destruction in Bangladesh and India; UN concerned
- Pakistan continues to support Taliban to counter India, says Pentagon report
- Unknown gunmen attack mosque in Afghanistan, seven killed
- Afghanistan: IED blast triggered by suspected Taliban terrorists leave four, including children, killed
- Afghanistan: Suspected Taliban terrorists set five people on fire after shooting them