|Organization Name||:||Medical Aid Films (MAF)|
|Location||:||Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||10 Apr 2021, 05:49 am|
|Closing Date||:||05 May 2021, 12:00 am|
Job description – Production Manager
Medical Aid Films is a small, but fast-growing, NGO that uses film and innovative media to transform the health and wellbeing of women and children around the world. We bring together world class health expertise with creative film makers, to develop quality, resource-appropriate film and animation to support education and training in low-income countries about women’s and child health.
We are seeking an experienced Production Manager to oversee the production department ensuring that projects are delivered effectively and efficiently - on time, budget and to editorial brief, reflecting the values and ethos of Medical Aid Films. You will have experience in managing productions in live action, animation, including working with production freelancers, and being responsible for budgets and schedules. Localisation of work is a large part of our output so you will have experience in managing this element of production. You will be comfortable liaising with global partners and health professionals throughout the production process, to achieve the delivery of films that can transform lives.
PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT AND DELIVERY including:
• Development & delivery of media components (film and animation) for a number of health education and training projects - ensuring deadlines and budgets are met efficiently and effectively
• Putting together and managing production schedules, ensuring milestones are met throughout the project, and managing the overall production slate/schedule
• Working collaboratively and effectively with a range of partner organisations throughout the production process, from ideas development to scripting, editing, and final delivery
• Ensuring effective review of content throughout the production cycle and identifying leading experts to provide additional technical review
• Working with the Head of M&E to build audience feedback into production process along with evaluation
• Managing a range of production freelancers in the UK and overseas:
• producers/animators/editors etc. Ensuring best practice in recruitment and effective communications
• Developing and managing cost effective production budgets and ensuring value for money at all times
• Managing production contracts and invoicing with partners
• Making good use of relevant production tools ensuring best practise and compliance requirements are met
• Managing the production and delivery of content in multiple languages ensuring quality and cost-effectiveness
• Responsible for post-production media management
• Ensuring content is multi-platform and providing clips for social media from each project
• Management of a part time Production Co-ordinator who looks after the film library and supports Production and Digital Comms.
• Ensuring effective updating of all production admin on Salesforce
• Working with Funding Manager to identify and develop new funding opportunities (partners, projects, topics)
• Inputting into proposals with budgeting and creative ideas
• Contribute to wider team and organisational development e.g. away days, new ideas and new opportunities
• Provide the CEO with quarterly reports on production updates and KPIs
• Developing yearly operational plans and delivering on KPIs
• Open to new development and innovation
• Communications and events support
Required skills and experience
• A full understanding of the production process
• Experience of managing productions in either film/TV/online
• Confident managing a number of projects at different stages
• Experience of production budgeting and scheduling
• Experience of recruiting, managing and working with a range of production freelancers both in the UK and overseas
• Experience of localising film content.
• Experience of setting up overseas shoots with crews from the UK or crews based in-country
• Experience of collaborative working in partnership with global organisations
• Passion for and interest in the power of media to make a difference to change lives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong eye for detail
• Well-organised, excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent team player with a positive, solution-focused approach
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and experience using Salesforce
• Hardworking with a can-do attitude and demonstrable use of initiative
• Experience of producing educational content
• Global health/women’s health or international development experience
• Experience of working in a small organisation
• Film making/editing skills
• Energetic and adaptable, willing to learn, prepared to undertake non-core tasks as part of a small team
• Ability to contribute towards developing innovation across the organisation and ready to contribute ideas
Terms of appointment
A 3-4 day a week role so flexibility over hours, working remotely and then the option to work in our office in Canary Wharf, London.
Salary £35,000 pro rata.
To apply please send your CV and a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining how you meet the job criteria and person specification and why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are accepting applications for this role on a rolling basis.
Job Email id: finance(at)medicalaidfilms.org