|Organization Name||:||People in Need (PIN)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Nov 2021, 03:46 am|
|Closing Date||:||23 Dec 2021, 12:00 am|
Starting date: January 2022 or based on agreement
Contract duration: 600 days
Country Programme: Iraq
Base: Baghdad, Iraq
About the PIN:
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive past experience and lessons learned across development, emergency and post emergency context to design, implement and monitor quality programming. PIN has been working in Iraq since 2011, providing early recovery and livelihood support to conflict affected communities. Programmes in Iraq focus mainly on Education, WASH, Climate change in addition to Early Recovery and Livelihoods activities. PIN´s Iraq humanitarian response annual turnover is over 5 million USD.
General Position summary:
The Senior Communication Expert will play a crucial role in implementing a livelihoods-focused intervention aimed at Iraq’s youth. The goal of this intervention is to enable Iraqi youth to play a leading role in exploiting economic growth opportunities in agriculture and agri-value chains in Iraq. The intervention will achieve this goal through supporting youth in developing the skills required by the labour market, thus enhancing employability and entrepreneurship within the sector.
This role will support in the achievement of the four following specific objectives, leading on all aspects concerning visibility/communications and advocacy, as required:
1. Developing competency based training models in agriculture and agri-value chaines (based on the recognised national qualification framework for TVET)
• Creation of the sector qualification framework for agriculture and agri-vlaue chains and its integration within the national qualification framework
• Development and Application of Competency based training models in the sector
2. Supporting the capacity of the current workforce in the agriculture and agri-value-chains
• Building the Capacity of the current workforce through: capacity needs assessment/development plan for the current workforce, designing specific modules /adapting CBT modules for TVET institutions for the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Labour, designing and piloting training initiatives for the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Labour
3. Improving TVET sector governance mechanisms
• Promoting and application of the new governance model as part of the new TVET Law
• Upgrading the TVET Institutions and leadership capacity
• Improving private sector and promoting school to work transition
4. Creation of awareness for opportunities for Iraqi youth of TVET in agriculture and agri-value-chains, and for green climate smart practices in the agriculture and agri-value-chain sector.
• Delivery of awareness raising campaigns on TVET in agriculture and agri-value-chains
• Delivery of awareness raising campaigns for the application of green climate smart practices in the agriculture and agri-value-chain sector
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
Qualification and skills:
• University degree or equivalent qualification in Media, Social Sciences
• Excellent knowledge of English.
• Knowledge of Arabic is considered as an asset.
General professional experience:
• At least 7 years postgraduate professional experience in fields related to the contract (e.g., private sector development, labour market, and development cooperation).
• At least 5 years of professional experience in project management.
Specific professional experience:
• At least 7 years of professional experience in designing and implementation of media campaigns on the topics (Private sector development, Vocational Education and Training, environment)
• Professional experience in other fragile countries is considered as an asset.
• Professional experience in the energy sector is considered as an asset.
People in Need offers:
• Remuneration: PIN offers a competitive salary. Details will be shared with preselected candidates
• Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization with thirty-year tradition
• Capacity development including access to PIN's internal e-learning platform and space for personal growth
• 25 days of paid annual leave per year
• For international candidates PIN offers also the following: PIN covers flights to Iraq including the regular flights to the home country, travel insurance with 24/7 helpdesk and accommodation in the PIN's guesthouse.
Please consider that the position is subjected to donor's final project approval.
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).
Apply at: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/C04FF1D466/apply/