The overall tally of the infected people climbed to 1,236,888 across the country, the department leading Pakistan's campaign against the pandemic said.
Pakistan's southern Sindh province has been the worst hit, with a total of 454,510 cases, followed by eastern Punjab province where the virus was detected in 427,583 people.
A total of 27,524 people died of COVID-19 in Pakistan, including 42 patients who lost their lives to the pandemic over the last 24 hours, the NCOC said.
The country currently has 52,042 active cases, while 1,157,322 others have recovered.
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food
- Study finds kiwifruit is a powerful mood booster
- More than one million lives were saved in Europe due to COVID-19 vaccines, says WHO
- WHO reports show cholera cases rising globally