Moscow/Sputnik: The coronavirus infection rate in the United Kingdom is on the decline in late November, as the country confirmed 11,299 new cases over the past 24 hours, down from over 15,000 cases confirmed a day before, the Health Ministry’s data showed on Tuesday.
Last week, the UK was detecting some 20,000 cases a day on average, and the number of daily-registered new cases started to drop since November 19, when the country confirmed nearly 23,000 cases.
Overall, the UK confirmed over 1.5 million COVID-19 cases and nearly 56,000 related fatalities.
The coronavirus restrictions are in place until December 2, and the authorities have announced plans to replace the lockdown with targeted measures.
- Better post-surgical care would boost cancer survival chances: Study
- Newborns still without approved COVID-19 treatment: Russian Health Ministry Guidelines
- COVID-19 more prevalent among pregnant women than in general population: Health Ministry
- Bangladesh registers 20 COVID-19 deaths in past 24 hours
- COVID-19: Death toll in Bangladesh crosses 8000