Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 01 Aug 2022, 08:04 am Print
Representational image from Pixabay
Shanghai: Shanghai has offered vacancies for 5,157 postdoctoral positions with the highest annual salary going up to 7,00,000 yuan as an attempt to stabilise the economy of China.
Shanghai Human Resources and Social Security Bureau on July 26 said that the openings are being offered by 259 postdoctoral programmes run by 123 world-leading companies, top Chinese institutes and universities in the city, Shanghai Daily reported as quoted by ANI.
The institutes and universities include Pujiang Laboratory, the Shanghai Institute of Technical Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Fudan University and COMAC.
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang earlier underlined the importance of implementing policies for stabilising the economy and supporting market entities to bring the situation back to the normal track in an unusually stark warning that comes as COVID curbs have adversely impacted the second-largest economy.
Keqiang had painted a grim picture of the job market in the world’s most populous nation due to COVID-19 lockdowns. He had called the employment situation “complex and grave.”
- Swiss bank UBS to acquire Credit Suisse
- HSBC Holdings acquires Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited for £1
- Signature Bank: After Silicon Valley Bank another US-based bank now collapses
- Saudi Arabian oil giant Aramco's net income rises 46.5 pct YoY to USD 161.1 billion
- US: California regulator shuts Silicon Valley Bank