Representational image from Pixabay
Shanghai: Shanghai has offered vacancies for 5,157 postdoctoral positions with the highest annual salary going up to 7,00,000 yuan as an attempt to stabilise the economy of China.
Shanghai Human Resources and Social Security Bureau on July 26 said that the openings are being offered by 259 postdoctoral programmes run by 123 world-leading companies, top Chinese institutes and universities in the city, Shanghai Daily reported as quoted by ANI.
The institutes and universities include Pujiang Laboratory, the Shanghai Institute of Technical Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Fudan University and COMAC.
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang earlier underlined the importance of implementing policies for stabilising the economy and supporting market entities to bring the situation back to the normal track in an unusually stark warning that comes as COVID curbs have adversely impacted the second-largest economy.
Keqiang had painted a grim picture of the job market in the world’s most populous nation due to COVID-19 lockdowns. He had called the employment situation “complex and grave.”
- Bangladesh hikes fuel prices
- Sudan: World Bank provides $100 million in emergency support
- Global economy: Outlook worsens as global recession looms – IMF
- Guterres hails ‘critical step forward’ on resuming Ukraine grain exports
- Inflation in Austria to exceed 7 pct for first time since 1970s oil crisis