Los Angeles: Hollywood superstar Angelina Jolie has come out in support of Ukraine and its people and said she is praying for the country which has been invaded by Russia.
Russian President Vladimir Putin declared war on Ukraine by way of a special military operation on Thursday.
"Like many of you, I'm praying for the people of Ukraine. My focus along with my UNHCR colleagues is that everything possible is done to ensure the protection and basic human rights of those displaced, and refugees in the region," she wrote on Instagram.
Jolie, who is the Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, further wrote: "We have already seen reports of casualties and people starting to flee their homes to seek safety. It is too soon to know what will happen, but the significance of this moment – for the people of Ukraine, and for the international rule of law – cannot be overstated."
- Ricky Martin's nephew drops harassment charges against singer
- Netflix loses nearly million subscribers
- 60+ Emma Thompson pining for orgasm hires 28-yr male prostitute to relive her sex life in new film
- K-Pop sensation BTS announces break, members say they will now focus on solo projects
- Britney Spears' ex-husband Jason Alexander charged with stalking her at wedding