Despite draconian controls on the flow of information between Tibet and the outside world, word recently emerged of the death of an 86-year-old lama named Tulku Dawa in Lhasa, and attempt ...
Beijing: The Chinese government has imposed restrictions and stepped up its surveillance measures to prevent online communications between Tibetans and their family members and friends, w ...
Beijing: A university student has been detained by Chinese officials in Chamdo for allegedly teaching Tibetan language to children in Yamda village during the school holidays, media repor ...
Tibet was hit fiercely with the Cultural Revolution in 1966.
Vienna: Save Tibet organization held a rally in Austria to boycott the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics over human rights violations.
Beijing: A Chinese court has sentenced a Tibetan writer and educator known for expressing loyalty to exiled spiritual leader the Dalai Lama to 10 years in prison.
Deputy Speaker of the Tibetan Parliament-in-Exile, Dolma Tsering, has said that under Chinese rule Tibet's culture, religion and way of life is at risk.
Lhasa: Tibetans have alleged that the Chinese government is trying to strip them off their lands under the garb of climate mitigation efforts, media reports said on Tuesday.
Athens: Greek police recently detained a group of Tibetan and Hong Kong activists who were campaigning to boycott the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.
- Tibetans protest against Chinese Communist Party in London on PRC's 72nd founding day
- China enforces compulsory Mandarin Chinese learning for preschool children in Tibet
- Tibetan writer, who criticised China, dies after eight years suffering from illness since release from prison
- Chinese authorities forcing Tibetan school children to take military training
- No news of release confirmed even after Tibetan teacher completes his prison term