Seoul: 78-year-old Squid Game actor O Yeong-su has been charged with sexual misconduct, media reports said on Saturday.
The Seongnam branch of the Suwon District Prosecutors Office indicted the 78-year-old O without detention Thursday over an allegation that he inappropriately touched the body of a woman in mid-2017, judicial officials told Yonhap news agency.
The case dates back to last year when the alleged victim had filed a complaint against the actor with the police.
Police then closed the case without filing any charge against the actor in April but the prosecution later reopened the investigation at the request of the victim, reported the South Korean news agency.
The actor had initially denied the charges.
He gained international fame when he became the first South Korean actor to win a Golden Globe award for best supporting actor for his performance in "Squid Game."
- Two-thirds of Yemenis need humanitarian support and protection
- Palestinian refugees face hitting ‘rock bottom’, warns UNRWA in $1.6 billion appeal
- Crises hindering victim identification: UNODC human trafficking report
- Afghanistan: Top UN delegation tells Taliban to end confinement, deprivation, abuse of women’s rights
- Afghanistan: Collapse of legal system is ‘human rights catastrophe’