Representational image Kuzzat Altay on Unsplash
Vienna: The Uyghur Association in Vienna recently hosted a photo exhibition on Sept 22 to showcase ongoing human rights abuses in China’s Xinjiang province.
The event was hosted at the Stephansplatz square in the city.
Mevlan Dilsat, Uyghur community President in Vienna, gave a speech where he highlighted the atrocities done by the Chinese Community Party (CCP) and the inhuman conditions in concentration camps in the Xinjiang region, reports ANI.
The photo exhibition which also saw the participation of World Uyghur Congress President Dolkun Isa, showcased pictures of people stuck in concentration camps and who went missing in the Xinjiang region, the news agency reported.
- China sentences 28-year-old Tibetan to 2 years in prison for allegedly leaking information
- China: Shanghai witnesses protests over COVID-19 restrictions
- World watches China's patience quotient over COVID protests
- Eliminate violence against women, most widespread, pervasive human rights violation
- Taliban’s draconian violations against women may amount to crimes against humanity: Experts