UNICEF/Alessio Romenzi The rusting hulk of a ship and a destroyed armoured vehicle on the beach in Zuwarah, western Libya. (file photo)
An arms embargo imposed on Libya by the Security Council in 2011 remains “totally ineffective” a UN Panel of Experts has said, adding that civilians, including migrants and asylum seekers, continue to suffer widespread rights violations and abuses.
- Myanmar violence ‘must cease immediately’: UN agencies
- Somalia: ‘Prioritize the national interest’ international partners urge, as political stalemate continues
- UNRWA chief reports on despair and hope among Palestinians, as US announces $150 million in aid
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand
- FROM THE FIELD: providing hope for those living with HIV in Yemen