Islamabad: Pakistani security forces gunned down six terrorists of the outlawed Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF) during an operation in the Central Makran Mountain Range in Balochistan, media reports said.
The incident occured close to Paroom region in Balochistan.
The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said that the security forces launched an operation in the general area of the Central Makran Mountain Range on information that terrorists were present in the area, reported Geo News.
The ISPR said that as the troops started the clearance operation the terrorists tried to flee from their hideout and opened fire on security forces.
“Six terrorists belonging to BLF have been killed in ensuing exchange of fire. These terrorists were involved in attacks on security forces posts besides recent planting of IEDs on security forces convoys in Proom and surrounding areas of Panjgur,” the military’s media wing was quoted as saying by Geo News.
- LeT terrorist silently sentenced in Pakistan ahead of FATF meet
- Pakistan: Blast rocks Jacobabad, one dies
- Afghanistan: Explosion rocks busy market in Nangarhar, several feared dead
- Afghanistan: Lecturer stabbed to death by robbers in Jalalabad
- Afghanistan: Islamic State claims responsibility for attack on Kabul gurdwara which left two people dead