Kabul: Many people are feared to have died as a blast occurred close to the gate of Eid Gah Mosque in Afghanistan capital city Kabul on Sunday afternoon, said deputy minister for Taliban government's culture and information ministry Zabihullah Mujahid.
Several civilians were present at the spot when the blast occurred.
"A bomb blast rocked a gathering of civilians near the entrance of the Eidgah Mosque in Kabul this afternoon, leaving a number of civilians dead," Zabihullah Mujahid tweeted.
A bomb blast rocked a gathering of civilians near the entrance of the Eidgah Mosque in Kabul this afternoon, leaving a number of civilians dead.— Zabihullah Mujahid (@Zabihullah_M3) October 3, 2021
He did not give details of the nature of the blast or the number of people who died due to it.
The explosion happened during a prayer ceremony for Mujahid’s mother, who had passed away a few days ago, which was ongoing at the mosque, Tolo News reported.
- Soldier killed, 2 hurt in terrorist attack in Pakistan's KP
- Shamima Begum, who once went to Syria to join Islamic State, loses appeal against removal of British citizenship
- Pakistan: Blast in Dera Ismail Khan leaves three hurt
- Terrorist killed in KP during exchange of fire with security forces in Pakistan
- Pakistan: Police van attacked during repolling in Tank