Kabul: A roadside mine blast in the Kohistan district of Afghanistan's Herat region on Saturday left at least three policemen killed, media reports said on Sunday.
The incident occurred at least 100 km away from Herat city.
A police vehicle hit a roadside mine triggering the incident.
“The mine was placed by the Taliban to target the security forces,” Amindullah Haft Bala, district governor of Kohsan district told Tolo News.
The Taliban did not comment on the incident so far.
The injured people were rushed to nearby hospital for treatment.
- Cross-border links between terrorists, organized crime, underscore need for coherent global response
- ISIS Khorasan branch new leader is Pak-based Haqqani Network terrorist, claims Afghanistan Minister
- Lebanon: UN ‘actively assisting’ in response to huge explosions at Beirut port
- UN censures ‘heinous attacks’ in Lake Chad Basin
- Jalalabad suicide bombing: Afghan armed guards kill 10 terrorists