Dhaka, Aug 19: Bangladesh's Rapid Action Battalion or RAB on Monday arrested four suspected terrorists from Dhaka city of the country, media reports said.
The terrorists were arrested from Hatirjheel area of the city.
The elite force conducted the raids in the area on Monday night, Mizanur Rahman Bhuiyan, assistant director of RAB Headquarters told bdnews24.
One of the arrestees is the acting chief of banned Islamic outfit 'Allahr Dal', he told news portal.
Some books and leaflets of extremist propaganda were confiscated from him.
- South Sudan: UN calls for end to inter-communal clashes, attacks against aid workers
- Protests and civil unrest show ‘renewed sense of patriotism’ in Iraq, UN envoy tells Security Council
- Zimbabwe ‘facing worst hunger crisis in a decade’
- Iraqi security forces detain late al-Baghdadi's deputy commander
- Jalalabad: Japanese national with honorary Afghanistan citizenship killed