Kabul: The Taliban headquarters in Afghanistan's northern Kunduz province was destroyed during an operation conducted by the security forces on Sunday, media reports said.
The military officials were quoted as saying by Khaama Press that the Special Forces also destroyed explosives and military equipment during the same operation.
The Special Forces also conducted a similar operation in Faryab province and killed 2 Taliban fighters, reported the news agency.
The Taliban did not comment on the operations so far.
- Syria: Authorization to continue lifesaving cross-border aid remains in limbo
- American scholar says failure to hold ISI accountable for terror complicity has damaged Pakistan's reputation
- Intercommunal violence, terrorist attacks inflame tensions in West Africa
- China’s Coast Guard shows up at Vanguard Bank in South China Sea to rile Vietnam
- Afghanistan: Security forces kill Pakistani terrorist