Shooting in Walmart store in Dayton leaves four people hurt. Photo Courtesy: Unsplash
At least four people were injured when a shooter entered a Walmart in the US city of Dayton on Monday (November 20, 2023) and opened fire inside it, police said.
The attacker later took his own life.
The victims were shifted to the hospital for treatment.
Beavercreek police posted n X: "There is no active threat. A male walked into the Walmart in Beavercreek around 8:35 p.m. Monday and began firing a gun, injuring four people. The victims were transported to area hospitals and their conditions are unknown at this time."
Police said the victim died due to apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
"No shots were fired by any responding police officers," police said.
The identity of the shooter is still not known.
“We’re heartbroken by what’s happened at our Beavercreek, Ohio, store,” a Walmart spokesperson said in a statement to CNN. “This remains a developing situation, and we’re working closely with investigators on the scene.”
- Security Council reiterates call for immediate and safe aid delivery to Gaza amid ongoing conflict with Israel
- Shehbaz Sharif elected as Pakistan PM for second time, vows to fight country's debt crisis
- UN chief Antonio Guterres appeals for greater support for small islands fighting climate change
- Joe Biden administration orders probe into security risks of Chinese-made cars
- American fashion icon Iris Apfel dies at 102