Chinese cargo ship runs aground in southern Japan: Reports
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 24 Jan 2023, 06:20 am Print
Image: China Japan Flag ak kore dao
Beijing: The Chinese cargo ship Shin Haijo 2 has run aground between the islands of Ishigaki and Kohama in Japan's Okinawa Prefecture, Japanese broadcaster NHK reported on Tuesday, citing the country's coast guard.
The distress signal came at around 9:30 a.m local time (00:30 GMT). Nineteen crew members were evacuated by a helicopter. No injuries were reported.
Strong waves and storm winds are observed in the area of the incident.
Experts do not exclude the risk of the ship’s sinking, media said.
(With UNI inputs)
- Spate of missile launches triggers call for unity on Korean Peninsula
- Seventy people detained in Paris during protests against pension reform
- Two teachers stabbed by student in Canadian Province of Nova Scotia: Law Enforcement
- Rebooting memories of life before the nuclear devastation of Hiroshima
- Afghanistan: Chamber of Agriculture and Livestock seeks UN's support for wheat storage facilities