Washington: US first lady Jill Biden has tested COVID-19 positive.
She is suffering mild symptoms.
"After testing negative for Covid-19 on Monday during her regular testing cadence, the First Lady began to develop cold-like symptoms late in the evening. She tested negative again on a rapid antigen test, but a PCR test came back positive," Elizabeth Alexander, her communications director, told CNN.
The first lady, who is double vaccinated and twice boosted, is taking Paxlovid, Pfizer's antiviral drug, according to Alexander, who told CNN that Biden received her second booster shot in April.
A person close to the first lady told CNN Tuesday morning that Jill Biden is "feeling good" and has "common cold"-like symptoms.
- 24 killed in Bangladesh boat capsize
- Hong Kong might face Covid and flu spike in upcoming winter season: Experts
- Canada braces for Hurricane Fiona after a week of lashing wind and rain in Caribbean
- War crimes have been committed in Ukraine conflict, top UN human rights inquiry reveals
- With its credibility waning, UN has no choice but to take ‘bold steps’ to modernize, says Cyprus President