Johannesburg: South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has tested COVID-19 positive.
The official Twitter page of the president said: "President @CyrilRamaphosa tests positive for COVID-19."
As per an official statement issued by the President's office, he is suffering from mild COVID-19 symptoms.
" The President started feeling unwell after leaving the State Memorial Service in honour of former Deputy President FW de Klerk in Cape Town earlier today," read the statement.
"The President is in good spirits but is being monitored by the South African Military Health Service of the South African National Defence Force," read the statement.
The President is fully vaccinated.
He is in self-isolation in Cape Town and has delegated all responsibilities to Deputy President David Mabuza for the next week.
- Nigeria: Four die in Lagos building collapse
- Afghanistan: More than 60 girls graduate from professional centre in Kabul
- Tibetans forced to move to make way for Chinese power plant: Reports
- China warns US that a 'dangerous situation' forming over Taiwan
- China will soon establish their control over Indian Ocean by establishing ports on Myanmar: Reports