Aleppo/Sputnik: Illegal armed units continue to shell the Syrian city of Aleppo, leaving 28 civilians dead within the past three days, the Russian Center for Syrian reconciliation said.
According to the reconciliation center, the attacks have also injured 56 people. The list of victims includes no servicemen.
Militants open fire every day from the rebel-controlled territories in the province of Idlib, the center added.
The situation in the province of Idlib – the last stronghold of militants in Syria – has escalated since December 19 when the Syrian army launched a new military operation in the area. On January 12, the ceasefire, which was agreed by Russia and Turkey, entered into force. However, militants continue to attack the Syrian army and civilians despite the truce.
- Russia, Turkey may hold joint patrols in Syria's Idlib to ensure security : reports
- Southern Philippine grenade blast kills 2 children
- Chinese military hackers steal Equifax data of 13 million Britons
- Norway charges 2019 mosque shooter with terrorism, murder
- Four civilians killed in roadside bombing in Yemen's Hodeidah