Wellington: New Zealand police have deployed divers to search for two bodies close to the White Island volcano which erupted recently.
During a recovery operation close to the mountain, six bodies have been recovered so far.
The volcano erupted on Monday with 47 people there. Eight people were missing on the island, presumed dead, reported BBC.
The new operation was started by the police amid risks of another eruption.
Six bodies have been successfully recovered from Whakaari / White Island and are now on board HMNZS Wellington.— New Zealand Police (@nzpolice) December 12, 2019
"Six bodies have been successfully recovered from Whakaari / White Island and are now on board HMNZS Wellington," New Zealand Police tweeted.
- Ram Temple construction in Ayodhya might boost tourism in Sita's birthplace Janakpur in Nepal
- Afghanistan: Six policemen killed in Taliban attack in Nangarhar province
- She is more than prepared for the job: Former US President Barack Obama tweets in support of Kamala Harris
- Rocket hits Green Zone in Iraq's capital
- Twitter users slam former Malaysian PM Mahathir Mohamad over Kashmir remark