Wellington: New Zealand police have deployed divers to search for two bodies close to the White Island volcano which erupted recently.
During a recovery operation close to the mountain, six bodies have been recovered so far.
The volcano erupted on Monday with 47 people there. Eight people were missing on the island, presumed dead, reported BBC.
The new operation was started by the police amid risks of another eruption.
Six bodies have been successfully recovered from Whakaari / White Island and are now on board HMNZS Wellington.— New Zealand Police (@nzpolice) December 12, 2019
"Six bodies have been successfully recovered from Whakaari / White Island and are now on board HMNZS Wellington," New Zealand Police tweeted.
- Five indicted for operating network to export US-origin goods to Pakistan’s nuclear programme
- French Security Forces Evacuated Macron From Theater Besieged by Protesters – Reports
- About 30 Civilians Killed in Aleppo by Militants’ Attacks in 3 Days –Reconciliation Center
- About 187,000 people protested against pension reform across France on Thursday : reports
- Implementing peace deal only path for stabilization in Mali: UN peacekeeping chief