Wellington: New Zealand police have deployed divers to search for two bodies close to the White Island volcano which erupted recently.
During a recovery operation close to the mountain, six bodies have been recovered so far.
The volcano erupted on Monday with 47 people there. Eight people were missing on the island, presumed dead, reported BBC.
The new operation was started by the police amid risks of another eruption.
Six bodies have been successfully recovered from Whakaari / White Island and are now on board HMNZS Wellington.— New Zealand Police (@nzpolice) December 12, 2019
"Six bodies have been successfully recovered from Whakaari / White Island and are now on board HMNZS Wellington," New Zealand Police tweeted.
- Pakistan to stay on FATF grey list till February 2021
- 5G: Sweden bans use of Huawei, ZTE equipment
- Kidnapping of IGP Sindh, arrest of Mohammad Safdar Awan might lead to Imran Khan's Watergate Scandal: Activist
- Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir (PoJK) witnesses demonstrations on Black Day
- Pakistan: Karachi explosion leaves five people dead