|Organization Name||:||Freedom House|
|Location||:||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Feb 2021, 05:05 am|
|Closing Date||:||09 Mar 2021, 12:00 am|
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Duration of Contract: 3 years
Closing date for submission of applications: 8 March 2021
With support from USAID, the PROGRESS Consortium is currently implementing the Advancing Rights in Southern Africa (ARISA) Program to improve the recognition, awareness, and enforcement of human rights in the region, including protection of the region’s most vulnerable and marginalized groups. The Progress Consortium is made up of Freedom House, the American Bar Association (ABA), Internews and PACT. The ARISA Program will run for a period of five (5) years with a focus on the following thematic issues which have been identified as crucial for the promotion of human rights in the region:
• Women’s customary land rights.
• Rights of indigenous populations
• Media freedoms and digital rights
• Protection of Human Rights Defenders
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Knowledge Management Officer is responsible for developing systems, tools, and processes that will contribute to developing a learning agenda - and performance-oriented culture at ARISA in collaboration with the Project Technical Team and external partners. They will provide support and technical guidance on information management and project output to USAID, the Chief of Party and Project Technical Team, and keep them informed of program status and progress toward achievement of key results. They will also support the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist with data collection of program indicators.
• Develop a knowledge management strategy in collaboration with the Chief of Party and the Project Technical Team
• Strengthen knowledge sharing and knowledge management, internally in the program as a core internal capacity and externally as part of all ARISA interventions
• Keep abreast of new developments and ensure key points of learning are identified and shared
• Participate in internal and external knowledge sharing meetings including those organized by USAID.
• Monitor the systematic data collection on program indicators.
• Work closely with MEL Specialist to ensure data quality criteria are met at all levels of the data management process.
• Ensure that indicator data evidence is submitted by technical leads in a timely manner, is reviewed for completion, and is filed as per standard operating procedures.
• Liaise with program teams on data collection, entry and quality assurance queries.
• Maintain records of program data, lessons learned, and best practices.
• Ensure implementation and maintenance of project database and a functional physical document management system.
• Work with the Project Technical Team to develop knowledge products including technical and program briefs, impact stories, and multimedia products.
• Support the evaluation and documentation of projects and the preparation and writing of key management reports including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
Training and Support
• Develop training and resource materials linked to knowledge management.
• Design, coordinate and support implementation of webinars, online training, conferences, and other events.
• Ensure that all staff are trained to use knowledge management tools in their interventions.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, organizational development, or similar social science degree required. A master’s degree would be an advantage.
• 3 -5 years of experience in knowledge management, communications and advocacy, and knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation, particularly in collecting, cleaning, entering and aggregating data.
• Experience with donor-funded programs required, experience with USAID data reporting is preferred.
• Proficiency in database management or experience of using MS Excel and other tools.
• Experience in leading knowledge-product development and dissemination
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and take initiative
• Ability to speak and write in English and strong communication skills
• Data Visualisation skills an added advantage.
• Ability to travel to supported regions and countries
This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in South Africa. Please note that all applications must be made in English.
Freedom House is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture, and nationality.
Apply at: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=FREEHOUS&cws=1&rid=1143