|Organization Name||:||European Management Solutions|
|Location||:||Cebu City, Philippines|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||01 Dec 2020, 07:22 am|
|Closing Date||:||25 Dec 2020, 12:00 am|
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Start date: ASAP
Reporting to: Asia Director
We are currently looking for a for a “Country Representative” (“CR”), on behalf of a French non-profit organisation, to sustain the expansion of the organisation’s mission and reach in the Philippines and to:
Lead the current center-based TVET (Technical Vocational Education and Training) operations;
Design and implement relevant new solutions and partnerships to serve the organisation’s ambition for inclusive technology and sustained youth employability in a digital era;
Ensure quality, impact, and sustainability, in line with the organisation’s charter, values, and Mission.
The CR ensures that the Mission, the team work and the organisation’s values (Trust, Responsibility, Respect, Solidarity, and a Demanding Approach) are upheld and transferred to each staff member and student. S/he creates a shared vision among all staff. S/he is the main representative for the INGO in the Philippines and as such is responsible for ensuring that the organization remains accountable to the standards and expectations of donors, government authorities, and the local communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Asia Director, the Country Representative will be in charge of the following responsibilities:
Strategic Country Program Development and Planning
• Assess local social trends and challenges related to youth employability, and identify needs in accordance with the organisation’s mission;
• Develop the capacity of the organisation to design accurate solutions and collaborations, to serve the organisation’s mission in the Philippines
Country Program Management and Oversight
• Ensure that the organisation’s strategy and mission are developed and implemented in a locally-relevant approach;
• Manage the organisation’s operations in the Philippines in accordance with its policies, and with all legal rules and agreements and requirements;
• Oversee the work in different teams and departments
• Oversee pedagogical orientations and training experiments in partnership with the organisation’s academic partners (currently University of San Carlos), the corporate sector involved in the organisation’s activities and all other the organisation’s local stakeholders;
• Manage and ensure the completion of high quality, results-based programs. Organise accurate monitoring and evaluation of the organisation’s mission and activities, in accordance with global M&E guidelines.
• Contribute to operational and strategic governance of the association
People Leadership & Management
• Lead and manage the management team;
• Ensure vibrant and positive working conditions, create a climate that attracts, retains and motivates commitment to the organisation’s mission, and foster an environment dedicated to continuous improvement and innovation;
• Maintain effective and appropriate staff recruitment, induction, appraisal, remuneration, development and learning practice, in accordance with the organisation’s HR policies;
• Act and behave as an ambassador, a facilitator and a role model to promote the organisation’s values: Solidarity, Responsibility, Trust, Respect, Demanding approach
Representation, Advocacy, Partnerships Development
• Represent the organisation, mission, and values in the Philippines, to all the stakeholders and prospects, with support from the External Relations Team;
• Advocate on behalf of the organisation to help raise awareness and stimulate action to advance youth employability and digital inclusion;
• In accordance with organisation’s strategy, envision and develop meaningful partnerships to serve, expand and/or fund organisation’s mission;
• Maintain and develop positive and collaborative relationships with donors;
• Ensure regular, rigorous monitoring, notably in order to deliver appropriate reports for partners.
Financial Management & Administration
• Operate within budget as validated by the Board of the organisation: Ensure the strict control of budgetary discipline by following organisation’s established procedures and close monitoring of expenditures. Prepare the operational budgets with the Finance Managers and report financial metrics;
• Validate status updates and financial reports as required by the organisation’s accounting procedures and by the Philippines government;
• Oversee and direct the appropriate mobilisation, use and management of financial, logistical and other resources in the mission in line with organisation’s policies and donor’s requirements
• Ensure and organise the capacity for the organisation to maintain strong awareness and accurate knowledge regarding the organisation’s field of action in the Philippines (Social challenges, development level, employability stakes, business ecosystem,…);
• Introduce innovation and best practices to enhance program and operational performance;
• Collaborate with other internal and external development partners to identify and/or share relevant practices;
• Lead and manage the process of developing, capturing, and disseminating lessons learned to build internal and external capacity and contribute to the organisation’s knowledge management efforts;
Logistics & Risk Management
• Ensure that staff and beneficiaries operate and live in a safe environment
• Oversee organisational insurance policies. Ensure health and safety procedures are known and followed.
• Implement and assist in the development, review and maintenance of various policies regarding health, safety, security and environmental matter
• Anticipate and inform the management about risks and solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Master degree or equivalent in a relevant development or social-science related discipline (Education, Training, Economics,...).
• At least 6 years of overall experience in development sector working with Social Purpose Organizations (NGOs, Social Businesses, Social Entrepreneurship) in the field of TVET, Youth education and employment, digital industry.
• At least 2 years of experience in team management, project management and strategy implementation;
• Good experience managing vocational (TVET) programs for Youth Employability and/or international digital inclusiveness programs;
• Excellent understanding of partnerships development, building and management, donor strategies, functions and international relations, partnerships design (Corporate, Institutions,...) and resource mobilization;
• Experience in managing grants is a strong asset.
• Integrity and professionalism
• Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity
• Commitment and motivation for Tech-inclusive programs
• Catalyst of innovation, creativity. Promoter of effective collaboration and communication
• Appropriate and transparent decision maker
• Social entrepreneurship: Market-need oriented / Social-purpose driven
• Strong negotiation, advocacy and interpersonal skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English
How to apply
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to email@example.com, under the title: DRS ref. number 10886. Due to the high number of applications received, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only.
Job Email id: t.bostan(at)developmentaid.org