|Organization Name||:||Radio Free Asia|
|Location||:||Washington, DC, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Radio Free Asia (RFA) is a private, Washington, DC-based, nonprofit corporation that provides accurate and timely news and information to Asian countries whose governments prohibit access to a free press. Delivered in nine Asian languages in addition to English, our journalism extends beyond radio to include web, video, mobile and e-books. RFA is currently seeking a dynamic and motivated professional skilled in the planning, preparation, and production of video projects to join its team and help it fulfill RFA’s mission by producing creative, polished, and engaging online multimedia content.
• Planning video projects from story development, research, proposal to production, and drawing upon strong creative skills to explore new trends and approaches to video storytelling.
• Researching information online and from other relevant news sources – including archival footage and photos as well as public records and government data – to support and enrich story writing.
• Translating stories into video scripts that may include a variety of visual elements, such as reporter stand-ups, B-rolls, studio interviews, Skype interviews, and other relevant footage.
• Using production equipment – digital cameras, DSLRs, audio recorders, microphones, lights, and more to perform a range of tasks related to video production, including lighting set up, camera set up, interview shooting, and B-roll shooting.
• Editing video at level consistent with an understanding of basic video editing concepts and strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
• Editing first rough cuts drawing upon all available visual and audio means, including infographic design, data presentation, music, and sound effects.
• Creating final cuts with finalized editing and simple motion design, animation, and special effects. Delivering clean, clear, and creative final product packages, including final videos, promotional videos and short descriptions, finalized scripts for web, as well as thumbnails in different formats tailored for different platforms and user groups.
• Demonstrated experience in broadcast or print journalism (at least one year full-time experience in a media company preferred), multimedia experience (including TV) and previous professional graphic design/video editing experience preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in video editing and ability to edit video using Adobe Premier and After Effects. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Premier and After Effects and other graphics software (Canva), social analytics (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), and third-party social management tools. Experience with Microsoft FrontLook, ENPS and audio software preferred.
• Effective copywriting skills, intuitive knowledge of design, experience with visual storytelling, and ability to identify and select visual media (still image and video) that most effectively tells news stories
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and other graphics software (Canva), social analytics (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), and third-party social management tools.
• Academic credentials (Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field from an accredited college or university preferred) or equivalent transferable skills showing ability to gather, produce, write, and present news and information clearly and objectively.
• Knowledge and understanding of current political, economic and social conditions in China and surrounding countries.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in evaluating and presenting news. Experience managing social media platforms for news/media outlets and knowledge of and ability to utilize online media in creative and innovative ways and to adapt to new technologies as they evolve.
• Strong general computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Required fluency in Mandarin and working proficiency in English
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to apply: Send resume with cover letter referencing "Mandarin Service Digital Content Producer" in subject line via e-mail to email@example.com.
Salary Range: GS 8/9 Equivalent
Job Email id: rfajobs(at)rfa.org