|Organization Name||:||Village Enterprise|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Employer: Village Enterprise
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development/Social Entrepreneurship
Function: Project Management
Job Title: Graduation Project Manager
Position Type: Full time
Duration: 2 Years (Subject to performance and availability of funds)
Reports to: Country Director
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel to Isiolo County and other Field Offices
Organization Overview: Village Enterprise’s mission is to end extreme poverty in rural Africa through entrepreneurship and innovation. Village Enterprise targets the poor, provides business training, seed capital/startup funds and on-going mentoring to over 10,000 new entrepreneurs to start 3,000 enterprises each year. Since its inception in 1987, Village Enterprise has started over 40,000 micro-enterprises.
About the Job:
The USAID funded, Mfumo Imara Lishe Endelevu (MILE) project, translating as Solid System, aims to sustainably reduce levels of acute malnutrition among vulnerable populations in Isiolo and Marsabit counties of ASAL regions of Kenya. Village Enterprise will work amongst other partners to pilot an ultra-poor graduation approach seeking to transitioning extremely poor and chronically vulnerable households from extreme poverty.
The Graduation Project Manager will be responsible for leading the pilot implementation activities as well as providing technical support as defined in the project proposal and work plan. The Project Manager is a key member of the Programme Management Unit and will contribute to ensure overall planning, implementing, and managing of the project, and establishment of the M&E framework to assure progress towards achieving project goals and objectives.
S/he will oversee timely delivery of planned results, within budget, with adherence to applicable policies, provide capacity building to project staff, and represent the project with internal and external stakeholders.
1. Project Management
• Lead in providing oversight, technical direction, and implementation of strategies and interventions as desired under the MILE project.
• Responsible for day to day design, delivery, and progress against agreed targets of the project across all implementing areas.
• Responsible for ensuring the timely and quality completion of all programme technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
2. Stakeholder Management
• Serve as a liaison with and build effective working relationships with Project Partners, Isiolo County Government, local partners, communities and other relevant stakeholders.
• Develop partnerships in the humanitarian community at local level and coordinate with authorities at County Government levels.
• Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programmes, capacity building of key project staff, and strengthening community-based organizations and mechanisms
3. Reporting, Communication and Administration
• Support the establishment of effective project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and personnel and procurement mechanisms
• Participate in Project Steering Committee meetings and Technical Working Group meetings, and ensure implementation of corrective measures.
• Participate in the hiring, professional development and evaluation process of staff, ensuring achievement of project results by setting specific goals and providing continuous performance feedback.
• Oversee financial and administrative management of the programme at field level, ensuring compliance with VE and USAID rules and regulations
• Leadership skills, including ability to build and motivate a team and willingness to deal with challenges.
• Political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures.
• Excellent in the use of MS Office Suite, email and internet
• Knowledge and understanding of the local society/language
• We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3-4 year(s) of project management, a deep understanding of both the National Government and County Government political landscape, and a demonstrated passion for our mission.
• Relevant university degree in Social Sciences, Economic Development, or any other relevant field. Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum of 3 years’ of professional experience implementing projects in ASAL regions.
• Experience managing USAID projects involving coordination with project partners
• Ability to operate autonomously and be a self-starter: A highly organized and disciplined, solution-oriented and creative individual is required. We are looking for someone with a high level of professional maturity.
• Proven experience in programme design and management, including budget expenditure, donor relations, reporting, proposal writing, staff management, and monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
• Proven experience in Livelihoods and/or related fields in a management capacity.
• Experience living and/or working in Isiolo County or other ASAL regions in Northern Kenya strongly preferred
• Communication Skills: Excellent writing and verbal skills in English, knowledge of the local language a plus.
• Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to manage a large workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Work style: Highly organized team player, pro-active and with demonstrated strong personal initiative and decision making ability. Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the set criteria are invited to send their Cover Letter and CV (Maximum 3 pages) including 3 referees, salary history and expectation to: email@example.com addressed to: ‘The Human Resource Coordinator’
Subject Line: Graduation Project Manager
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. No applications will be reviewed after Dec 10 2019.
Please do not contact Village Enterprise to enquire the status of your application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Village Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Email id: kenyajobs(at)villageenterprise.org