|Organization Name||:||World Organisation for Animal Health|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Position title: Website Renovation Project Officer (Business Project Management Support)
Salary: Base salary at 2 200 € net/month, negociable (commensurate according to experience and qualifications) Salary – partially to totally – exempt of French income tax
Benefits (annual quality bonus)
Duration : one year - renewable
The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) is the intergovernmental organisation responsible for improving animal health worldwide. The standards it develops for the trade of live animals and products of animal origin are recognized by the World Trade Organization as reference international sanitary rules (http://www.oie.int/fr/).
The OIE, then known as the « Office international des épizooties », was created on the 25th of January, 1924. Its headquarters are based in Paris. It comprises 182 Member Countries and is present on all continents through 12 Representations or Bureaus in total.
The OIE is currently implementing its 6th Strategic plan (2016-2020), which second strategic objective is “Establishing trust through transparency and communication” and states the goal of a modernisation of the OIE communication tools. In the meantime, the 7th Strategic plan (2021-2025) will be developed throughout 2019, as well as a new institutional communication strategy.
In this context, the OIE undertakes the renovation of its websites, both global (www.oie.int) and regional (one website for each of the five OIE regions).
• For the Renovation of the Regional websites project, the Website Renovation Project Officer is responsible to collaborate with the contact points of each of the 5 OIE Regions to ensure their involvement on the development of each website. Functionnal specifications of the regional platform have already been defined, however the functional specificities of each specific websites will have to be defined, with finilisation of the first website (Europe) at the end of the 1st semester 2018.
• For the Renovation of the OIE global website project, he/she is responsible of collaborate with each technical team to involve them in the creation of the functional and technical specifications of the OIE website, the development, and the deployement of the new website. Based on the expression of needs and on the OIE communication strategy, the objective is to coordinate the renovation of the map of the OIE global website and to put in place adequate guidelines to ensure regular update of the renovated website .This project has not started yet.
Positioning and reporting
Under the authority of the Director General, under the supervision of the Head of the Communication Unit, and reporting directly to the digital communication officer who is the Business Project Owner within the Communication Unit.
The Website Renovation Project Officer will act as Business Project Management Support and assist the Business Project Manager in the successful management of the Renovation of the OIE global website and the Renovation of the Regional websites projects. . He/she contributes to building a strong working relationship with the IT Project Manager to ensure joint management of the project. He/she is in charge of defining and ensuring compliance with users’ functional needs, as well as providing change management support to guarantee effective transfer of skills internally. He/she will also contribute to the coordination of the work of external service providers, the IT Unit and the technical teams involved to ensure effective involvement of all stakeholders (including regional staff) in the smooth running of the projects.
Missions and activities
Provide general project management support
• Contribute to the elaboration of a project team;
• Participate to the development of a project plan, including context, issues, impact and process requirements for presentation to the dedicated Steering Committees;
• Define overall project schedule, expected delivery deadlines and milestones;
• Contribute to the project budget development and ensure budget follow-up during the project;
• Identify risks which may impact the delivery of the programme and analyse, manage and propose mitigation measures;
• Develop regular monitoring and reporting tools and contribute to reporting on project progress to the OIE senior management;
• Participate in and contribute to the preparation of background documents and progress reports for relevant governance mechanisms;
• Facilitate meetings with all required actors to follow-up on project progress, .
Provide support to define functional specifications
• Engage closely with technical teams to ensure being fully conversant on the subject;
• Support the Business Project Owner to collect and analyse stakeholder needs (users, technical teams, senior management);
• Ensure that application data is not already being collected and/or used elsewhere and document data use in a common repository.
• Identify and and guide the expression of needs to formalize the functional specifications of both projects
• Contribute to the finalisation of functional specifications.
Contribute to the management and coordination of the development of the solution
• For the Renovation of the OIE global website project, contribute to the preparation of the call for tender to identify a development company, lead the call for tender process, including negotiations and contract finalisation;
• For both projects, define functionnal user acceptance tests and ensure functional qualification;
• Manage user acceptance testing until final validation;
• Coordinate the roll-out of the solution (Go Live follow-up and incident tracking);
• Ensure follow-up of incidents according to their nature.
Ensure skills and knowledge transfer
• Develop and implement a change management plan;
• Provide supporting documentation for all stages of the project;
• Develop guidelines to ensure regular update of the renovated websites;
• Ensure knowledge transfer to operational teams and regional staff;
• Develop user guidelines/manuals and/or participate in user training.
Qualifications and Experience
• A graduate degree in a related digital and/or IT field (Digital marketing, Information Systems management, etc.) or relevant diploma.
• 5 years experience minimum in project management in the field of digital communication
• At least 3 year experience in IT (digital, web) project management
• Excellent command of English;
• Very good knowledge of French;
• Knowledge of processes and project management methods (planning, budget, indicators…)
• Good understanding of the impacts of the information system architecture on projects;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite tools;
• General knowledge of applications architecture;
• Knowledge & understanding of database design, setup, and maintenance;
• Knowledge of BI tools such as Power Bi, Tableau or Qlik
• Knowledge of Spanish
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to ensure effective collaboration with technical teams in regions and service providers in a multinational and multicultural environment
• Capacity to tackle business-critical problems with custom-designed, multi-tier applications using a wide range of technologies
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to meet specific deadlines
• High rigour, precision and analytical skills;
• Curiosity, initiative, autonomy and self-motivation
• Capacity to work according to Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development best practices
• Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks
This is a sedentary post requiring long hours in a seated position.
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment. The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions or beliefs.
This is a full-time position as an international civil servant based at the OIE Headquarters in Paris (France) that is available immediately.
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 31 May 2019 at noon (Paris local time) at the latest by clicking on the link below.
Should you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Apply at: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/327b3c40723d486a99170a4e702e64ae