|International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
|05 Dec 2023, 04:04 pm
|29 Dec 2023, 12:00 am
IFDC is a public international organization active in 27 countries in Africa, Asia, and America. IFDC uniquely approaches the global issues of food security and poverty by bridging the gap between research and impact, combining science-based innovations, holistic market systems development, an enabling policy environment, and strategic partnerships to assist farmers and countries to identify and scale sustainable agricultural solutions, including improved nutrient use efficiency. These approaches are needed to boost soil health and crop productivity while reducing the environmental impact of fertilizer use. IFDC translates research into action by using locally driven, environmentally sound, and impact-oriented solutions. With our partners, we seek to close the yield gap, eradicate global hunger, safeguard the soil on which our lives depend, and generate economic resilience for farming households and the countries in which they live.
IFDC is currently seeking passionate individuals to join its team, as the organization continues to expand its impact and work towards creating positive changes in agriculture and sustainable soil management across the world.
IFDC is seeking a passionate and experienced Youth Empowerment Specialist to join our Market Systems Development team. The Youth Empowerment Specialist reports to the Director of Market Systems Development and will play a pivotal role in advancing our commitment to youth empowerment by developing and implementing strategies, programs, and initiatives that empower youth in various sectors. The successful candidate will have a strong background in youth empowerment, fundraising for youth-related projects, and the ability to enhance IFDC's internal mechanisms for building a practical youth empowerment ecosystem.
• Youth Empowerment Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive youth empowerment strategy that aligns with IFDC's mission and goals. This strategy should encompass a wide range of youth-related initiatives, including education, employment, entrepreneurship, and leadership development.
• Fundraising: Proactively seek and secure funding for youth empowerment projects. Utilize your proven track record in fundraising to identify potential donors, write compelling grant proposals, and cultivate donor relationships to support IFDC's youth empowerment efforts.
• Program Development: Collaborate with internal teams to design, plan, and execute youth empowerment programs and projects. Ensure that these programs are innovative, impactful, and aligned with best practices in the field.
• Monitoring and Evaluation: Implement robust monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to assess the effectiveness and impact of youth empowerment initiatives. Use data-driven insights to continuously improve and refine programs.
• Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain strong partnerships with governmental agencies, NGOs, community organizations, and other stakeholders to amplify IFDC's youth empowerment efforts. Foster collaboration and synergy to maximize positive outcomes.
• Capacity Building: Provide training and capacity-building support to IFDC staff members to enhance their understanding of youth empowerment principles and practices. Encourage the integration of youth empowerment into all aspects of IFDC's work.
• Advocacy and Awareness: Advocate for youth empowerment at local, national, and international levels. Raise awareness about the importance of youth empowerment and the role IFDC plays in promoting it.
• Reporting: Prepare regular reports on the progress and impact of youth empowerment initiatives for IFDC's leadership, donors, and stakeholders.
Reporting and Work Relationships
This position reports to the Director of Market Systems Development
Location: IFDC offices in Nairobi Kenya
Benefits: IFDC's benefits include annual and sick leave, health and group life insurance coverage, a 13th-month salary, social security and pension contribution in compliance with local laws and end-of-contract benefits.
US Specific: IFDC's benefits include annual and sick leave, health, dental, vision and group life insurance coverage, social security and pension contributions in compliance with local laws.
The above is a Grade 10 position with w proposed starting salary of KES 341,877 gross per month
The determination of new employee salaries takes into account various factors. These include the salary range linked to the assigned job grade, the candidate's qualifications in relation to the job's responsibilities and prerequisites, internal fairness, the competitive state of the job market, as well as potential organizational and budgetary considerations.
IFDC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, and offers equal employment opportunities based on ability, performance, and potential. Equal opportunity is integral to the recruitment and selection practices at IFDC. IFDC recognizes the value in recruiting employees with different backgrounds, knowledge, experiences, perspectives, and beliefs. IFDC recognizes and values the contribution of people with a diverse background in capabilities, experience, and perspectives. Diversity encompasses gender, age, experience, education, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and cultural backgrounds as well as other dimensions such as lifestyle and family responsibilities.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Master's degree preferred).
• Proven experience in youth empowerment, preferably in similar organizations.
• Demonstrated success in fundraising for youth empowerment projects.
• Strong project management and program development skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
• Passion for youth empowerment and social development.
• Ability to travel as needed.
Apply at: https://jobs.silkroad.com/IFDC/Careers/jobs/1296?embedded=true