|French Red Cross
|05 Dec 2023, 04:00 pm
|29 Dec 2023, 12:00 am
French component of the International Red Cross and Crescent Movement, the French Red Cross (CRF) is active on the national territory and internationally.
In France: A major player in the social and solidarity economy, the French Red Cross manages a network of more than 600 establishments and services in the health, medico-social and training sectors. She is also at the head of 12 regional health and social training institutes.
Internationally: the CRF operates in 16 countries alongside National Societies and through 2 regional platforms (PIRAC and PIROI), mainly on the themes of Health and Disaster Risk Management.
In the same way as in the professions that it develops and implements in France, the French Red Cross places all its international missions within the objective of sustainable humanitarian action. This results in an articulation of emergency, post-emergency, crisis exit and reconstruction activities aimed at maximum efficiency. The objective is to carry out actions with lasting effects and to allow populations to regain their complete autonomy. The partnership with the Red Crosses and Red Crescents of the countries of intervention (SNO) is a strong axis of the CRF's operational strategy.
By joining us, you will share our commitment and ethics and develop your skills.
MISSIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
The Safety and Security technical referent reports hierarchically to the head of the head office department in Paris.
It positions itself in support of the FIU delegations internationally, responsible for assisting them in securing their practices and actions.
The missions entrusted may evolve depending on the acquisition of the dimensions of the position and the complementarity with the head of the department.
Direct support for Operations in the countries of intervention:
The technical referent will be required to carry out support missions to delegations, at the rate of 5 to 6 missions per year and approximately 1 month per mission (planned pace)
• Analysis of intervention contexts
• Diagnosis of country systems
• Contribution to the development of regulatory documents (drafting / dissemination)
• Support for the management of operational security of delegations
• Strengthening the knowledge and capacities of country teams
• Support for the development of national companies (Access framework Safer)
Critical Incident/Crisis Management:
Participation in the field Critical Incident/Crisis management system according to the delegation's capacities/identified needs/availability
Support for the Critical Incident Management Team (headquarters)
Training of national and international teams, headquarters and field:
Animation of the Preparation for Departure module from headquarters
Strengthening the skills of headquarters and field teams (security management process, techniques for securing goods and people)
Exploratory mission / opening to new geographical spaces (bases / countries)
One-off support to face operational challenges.
You want to join a large association that works daily with vulnerable people!
You are looking for meaning and want to flourish within a committed and values-driven company.
You give importance to the principles and values defended and carried by the French Red Cross (Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Volunteering, Unity, Universality)
JOIN US !!!
Desired start date
Practical information related to the position
To better understand the Red Cross Movement, we invite you to follow two online training courses, free and accessible to all. Completion of these training courses constitutes a plus in your application:
* WORC (World of Red Cross and Red Crescent): this training covers subjects such as the origin and history of the Movement, its fundamental principles, the emblem, the International Federation, the ICRC and national societies.
* Stay Safe levels I, II, III: its objective is to develop a common culture of security management within the Movement.
You will find these courses on the International Federation's Learning Platform, accessible and free: https://ifrc.csod.com/client/ifrc/default.aspx
DIPLOMA / TRAINING / COURSE:
Higher education in International Relations and/or Safety and Security
Continuing education: HEAT-HEIST / Crisis management / Humanitarian Security / Telecoms / etc.
Humanitarian field experience in positions of responsibility, in complex contexts:
project or mission manager, field coordinator, etc.
• Knowledge and experience CRCR Movement strongly desired
• Mixed background (humanitarian / market economy / national institutions) welcome but convincing humanitarian experience essential.
• Proven humanitarian conviction and knowledge
• Ability to exercise professional activity in the Schengen area
• Female applications encouraged
In addition to the key skills expected in safety and security professions and more particularly in the international humanitarian environment within the CRCR International Movement, the candidate must have the skills below:
Language skills :
• Fluency in French: C2
• Fluency in English: B2/C
• Other languages: an asset
Information management :
• Collection and analysis of information
• Capacity for analysis and documentary development
Experience in consulting and support is an asset
Mastery of adult training processes
How to apply