|Location||:||Washington DC or Remote, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Sep 2023, 07:10 am|
|Closing Date||:||05 Oct 2023, 12:00 am|
Job Title: Information Technology Security Manager
Location: Washington, DC or US remote (working during US business hours)
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Technology Management
Verra is a global leader helping to tackle the world's most intractable environmental and social challenges. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, Verra is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, improving livelihoods, and protecting natural resources across the private and public sectors. We support climate action and sustainable development with standards, tools, and programs that credibly, transparently, and robustly assess environmental and social impacts and enable funding for sustaining and scaling up projects that verifiably deliver these benefits. We work in any arena where we see a need for clear standards, a role for market-based mechanisms, and an opportunity to generate significant environmental and social value.
Verra manages a portfolio of standards, including the:
Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) -- the world's leading carbon crediting program, with more than 1600 registered projects in 80 countries, and accounting for two-thirds of all voluntary carbon market transaction volume.
Sustainable Development Verified Impact Standard (SD VISta)-- a flexible framework for assessing and reporting on the sustainable development benefits of project-based activities.
Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) Standards-- to identify projects that simultaneously address climate change, support local communities and smallholders, and conserve biodiversity.
Plastic Waste Reduction Program-- to enable robust impact assessment of new or scaled-up waste recovery and recycling projects around the globe.
Verra is growing at an unprecedented rate, and its information and knowledge management systems and technology need to keep pace. We are seeking an experienced security professional to build and support expanding technology that helps us do our work efficiently and deliver high-quality services to our stakeholders.
Verra is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Security Manager to ensure Verra's IT and knowledge management systems (KM) are meeting the needs of its employees.
A day at Verra might include…
• Maintaining all security tools and managing updates
• Developing new security SOPs and formalizing internal controls
• Monitoring our Managed Services Provider (MSP) to implement organization-wide security technology and developing our Security Operations Center (SOC)
• Managing internal + external policy compliance and maintaining controls for external governance (SOC2, ISO27001, GDPR)
• Evaluating and vetting new software/technologies and implementing security controls to mitigate risk
• Managing the Security Incident Response program and developing testing plans
• Designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the SIEM environment
Specific functions you will be responsible for leading...
• Managing Verra's Security IT processes, developing standard operating procedures and protocols
• Coordinating implementation of IT resources and assets, assessing for data security
• Developing, maintaining, and improving Verra's security awareness program
• Supervising and resolving IT security issues, business data, and events, you'll identify gaps in the support process and amend them accordingly
• Owning the SOC to identify problems affecting users, ensuring our projects meet Verra's overall needs
You bring with you...
• A degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related field with experience in an IT security department or Security Operations Center
• Security certifications such as CISA or CISM (or higher) or five years of IT security experience
• Experience with project management to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time, within budget, and with good partner adoption
• A customer-service approach and passion for technology, you're committed to keeping up-to-date on new developments in IT
• Proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
• Effective, empathetic communication and presentation skills, you enjoy teaching and training others
You will know you are successful if...
• Our security systems are implemented and successfully embraced by Verra team members
• We maintain compliance certifications
• Verra's IT networks and systems are risk-proofed and secure
• Verra teams feel supported in their IT needs and rate IT Security support as timely and highly effective
You will join a team...
• From diverse locations and backgrounds, including carbon market specialists, project developers, consultants, climate negotiators, researchers, auditors, and more
• Committed to advancing climate action and sustainable development through high-quality standards and programs
• That embodies Verra's values, which include?Collaboration, Results, Integrity, Balance, and Exploration.
Compensation at Verra
Verra pays employees competitively in the market. In return, we expect each employee to, at a minimum:
• Meet expectations in terms of work effort and performance;
• Take the initiative to build the skills and knowledge needed to do their job effectively; and
• Embody Verra's values.
We recognize employees who go beyond expected performance with salary increases and promotions. However, the bar for earning those rewards is high.
Salary is one component of Verra's total compensation package, which also includes:
• Health, vision and dental care, and life insurance;
• Verra contributions to each employee's retirement plan;
• Verra contributions as required by national labor laws in countries where staff are located;
• Paid Time Off (PTO), comprising 22-30 days plus ten floating holidays, sabbatical after five years of service, and other leave allowances; and
• Funds to support professional development.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us the following:
• Cover letter (not to exceed one page)
• Resume/CV (not to exceed two pages)
Please add app.bamboohr.com to your contact list to ensure you receive emails from us*
Verra provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We conduct our recruitment and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Apply at: https://verra.bamboohr.com/careers/208