|Organization Name||:||Equality Now|
|Location||:||Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Feb 2023, 04:58 am|
|Closing Date||:||03 Mar 2023, 12:00 am|
Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization that works to protect and promote the rights of all women and girls around the world. Our campaigns are centered on four program areas: Legal Equality, End Sexual Violence, End Harmful Practices, and End Sexual Exploitation, with a cross-cutting focus on the unique needs of adolescent girls. Equality Now combines grassroots activism with international, regional, and national legal advocacy to achieve legal and systemic change to benefit all women and girls and works to ensure that governments enact and enforce laws and policies that uphold their rights. Equality Now is a global organization with partners and members all around the world. You’ll find our 70+ team across the world in places such as Benin, Beirut, London, Geneva, San Jose, New York, Nairobi, Tbilisi, and Washington DC among others. For more information, visit equalitynow.org
Equality Now would like to hire a consultant for research into laws on rape in the MENA region and to write a report. We will be asking you to:
• Analyze the rape (and closely associated) laws in 22 jurisdictions of the Arab League based on a short structural outline provided by Equality Now
• Provide a brief written overview of any trends suggested by the analysis of the law eg failure to criminalize marital rape
• Briefly write a description of the context of sexual violence/access to justice for sexual violence in the region and provide statistics where available
• Undertake and document in the report more in-depth evidenced analysis including from key stakeholder interviews on how the law is implemented in relation to 5-6 designated countries.
Your work should be submitted in English, but candidates will need fluency in Arabic to undertake the research.
Please submit your proposal for this work through this portal, attaching the full proposal including all additional information in one document using the Resume section. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
It should contain:
• Your relevant experience in the areas specified both in terms of subject matter (law and sexual violence) and in terms of geographical reach. If you are an organization, please also state the specific experience of the staff who will be involved.
• The time you would need for delivery.
• The cost/budget for your work in US$. This budget should include time with respect to follow-up questions from Equality Now about the research.
• Please provide 2 references of your prior work and include examples of similar previous work you have undertaken.
Equality Now will evaluate bids based on quality and value for money.
Applications are also welcome from those wishing to bid for only elements of this work, for example the desk analysis of the law in the 22 countries of the Arab League.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Please attach the full proposal under the Resume section.
Apply at: https://equalitynow.applytojob.com/apply/zg6wcKph7C/MENA-Consultancy-Research-Into-Rape-Laws-In-MENA