|Organization Name||:||African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET)|
|Location||:||Remote or Accra, Ghana|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||01 Dec 2022, 12:25 am|
|Closing Date||:||28 Dec 2022, 12:00 am|
The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) is one of the pre-eminent organizations in the world focused on advancing African solutions to African transformation challenges. Driven by a commitment to support governments address the policy and institutional barriers that hamper sustained economic growth on the continent, ACET was founded in 2008 with the support of national governments alongside major multilateral, bilateral donors and foundations. ACET is an economic policy institute that provides research, policy advice, and institutional strengthening for African countries to develop their economies, reduce poverty, and improve livelihoods.
ACET helps deliver African economic transformation, defined as growth with DEPTH – through a unique, integrated approach. Growth with DEPTH is a framework developed by ACET that turns transformation from a concept into a practical policy agenda. Growth with DEPTH has been used to help Africa’s public and private sectors address the policy and institutional barriers that hamper sustained growth.
Role and Purpose
ACET is seeking to recruit a Head of Gender Program to lead and grow its newly established portfolio of programmes focused on enhancing gender-informed macro and micro-economic policy development.
Job Title: Head of Gender Program
Reporting Line: Director of Policy & Programs
Location: Accra or Remote
The Head of Gender Program will drive thought leadership and implementation of ACET’s work on gender equity/equality and economic transformation. S/he will also support other ACET teams and our partners to embed a gender lens across the portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
Research and Analysis
• Have oversight of ACET’s gender and economic transformation portfolio. This will include managing staff and overseeing fellows working on gender and economic transformation programs and ensuring alignment with the ACET Strategy and Theory of Change. Key programs will include:
1. The African Transformation Report on Gender Equality/Equity and Economic Transformation (ATR4)
2. Gender equality scorecard
3. Mainstreaming of gender across the ACET portfolio
• Provide intellectual leadership to ACET policy analysis and technical work on gender equality and women’s empowerment. This will include the development of a world class gender equality program which delivers high quality analysis and thought leadership on gender equity, equality, women’s economic empowerment and other relevant areas that may emerge.
• Lead the team responsible for:
1. providing ACET and its partners with advice on gender issues, practices and policies relevant to projects and programs
2. providing high quality analysis and advice on the gender implications of ACET’s policy recommendations
3. working with ACET partner policy institutes and support them to do gender analysis where necessary
4. monitoring ACET’s work to adequately capture gender equality and inclusion indicators and track impact in collaboration with the M&E team
5. ensuring robust reporting to ACET partners on the gender portfolio
6. drafting inputs to strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to gender statistics
Development of ACET colleagues and supervision of gender team
• Train and develop ACET colleagues on gender responsive programming and coach/mentor junior staff to build their technical expertise
• Provide training to ACET research teams on how to monitor and assess gender impacts of policy actions across program verticals
• Design and develop program strategies in the area of gender equity/equality and economic transformation to facilitate fundraising
• Work with the fundraising team to raise funds for expansion of the gender portfolio
Communication and Publications
• Contribute to articles, blogs, policy notes and papers for publications by ACET and its partners. This will include mining past reports to inform the development of knowledge products and briefs
• Be a spokesperson on gender equality at various forums and with the media
• Provide briefing for EVP and President on communications on gender and economic transformation
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time in support of ACET’s mission
• PhD or Master’s degree in gender economics or a related discipline ( economics, gender studies, development studies, political science and sociology)
• Minimum of 8 years of post-master’s experience conducting research and evaluation on gender economics. Experience of doing this in Africa will be an asset. Africa regional experience will be a plus
• Previous experience working on gender equality and/or equity policy in Africa.
• An understanding of economic transformation will be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Proven skills in research and analysis – demonstrable track record with undertaking desk research, literature reviews, and consolidating findings
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex information in written papers, reports, presentations
• A proven track record of effective people management and development
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• An ability to work in French will be an asset
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels and from different cultures
• Ability to work effectively on own initiative and as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure to deliver on time with attention to detail and accuracy
WORKING AT ACET
ACET is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination and harassments of any kind.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email their CV and an accompanying Cover Letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the position to email@example.com. Contact details of 3 references will also be required. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 30th December, 2022. Interviews will be held either virtually or in-person if the candidate is based in Ghana. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: hr(at)acetforafrica.org