|Organization Name||:||ICLEI USA|
|Location||:||Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||30 Sep 2022, 10:26 am|
|Closing Date||:||15 Oct 2022, 12:00 am|
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Color, veterans, and members of the LGBTQ+ and other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI) is the first and largest global network of more than 2,500 local and regional governments devoted to solving the world’s most intractable sustainability challenges. The worldwide network is active in 125+ countries, focused on influencing sustainability policies and driving local action across five key pathways: low emissions, resilient, equitable, people-centered, nature-based, and circular development.
As the USA Office of a global ICLEI network, ICLEI USA develops and delivers leading-edge tools and resources, including its state-of-the-art emissions-management tool, ClearPath Climate Planner, to support local governments in their climate change efforts. Our standards, tools, and programs credibly, transparently, and robustly reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve lives and livelihoods and protect natural resources in the U.S. communities we serve. ICLEI USA and our network partners are working to keep 1.5 ? alive through a data-driven approach and focus on just and equitable communities.
About Our Members
Local government members (cities, counties, towns, and regions) are the core of our organization. This network of government professionals are the catalysts for a movement toward deep reductions in carbon pollution and tangible improvements in sustainability and resilience. For over 30 years, ICLEI USA has partnered with our members to reduce emissions and become healthier, stronger, and more prepared.
The Program Officer serves as the go-to resource our local government members depend on to be connected to ICLEI experts and tools, best practices and resources, and each other. The Program Officer develops and implements annual work plans to advance each community’s climate and sustainability efforts using ICLEI’s support packages, offered across the Five Pathways: low-emissions, resilience, equity, circularity, and nature.
A full-time Program Officer can expect to support a portfolio of approximately 160 local government members across a number of states, with a focus on one or more specific regions of the U.S.
In addition to direct support to members, the Program Officer will perform membership and account-management functions that are critical to identify and meet the needs of our diverse network (supporting megacities to small rural counties).
This broad and challenging set of responsibilities is best suited for an individual who has demonstrated abilities to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively, and who has a keen ability to “think on their feet” with quick decision-making aptitude.
This fully remote position requires 5-6 hours of video conference calls several days each week. Success requires a high-energy and personable approach, with a healthy dose of technical acumen to guide and direct local governments through phases of a holistic sustainability framework.
• Maintain regular contact with ICLEI members to identify needs and track progress against a “member journey” calendar covering activities related to climate, resilience, nature, circularity and equity goals.
• Promote ICLEI membership, software tools, and other offerings to local governments, and initiate and track fee-for-service and recruitment opportunities.
• Provide technical support to interpret and apply GHG protocols and to master the use of ICLEI’s GHG emissions management software application, ClearPath.
• Respond to member requests for technical assistance in the Five Pathways either directly, or by referring to other technical leads or network champions.
• Deliver web-based training on a variety of climate and energy topics, and effectively delegate requests requiring a deeper level of support to fellow team members
• Maintain records relating to member recruitment, engagement, and administrative processes (currently in Salesforce CRM)
• Identify and pursue opportunities to meet organizational goals, contributing to departmental strategic planning and periodically supporting fundraising activities.
• Represent ICLEI and its members at meetings and conferences, on occasion.
• Eligible applicants must possess advanced knowledge of, and or experience in, working with local governments on the topics of sustainability, climate adaptation/preparedness and climate change mitigation.
• Applicants should have some experience leading or supporting projects related to ICLEI Five Pathways, such as applying greenhouse gas protocolos in a local government context or contributing to a climate vulnerability assessment, community engagement plan, or other.
• Preferred candidates will have an advanced degree in planning, policy, environmental science, business or communications or equivalent professional experience
• Applicants must possess excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, work planning, communications, and writing skills.
• An ability to work independently in a dynamic and evolving organization is required. Excellent notetaking and customer tracking is a must; Salesforce experience is preferred.
• Customer service experience is preferred; a service-oriented approach is essential.
• Ability to promote ICLEI and its members through storytelling, social media, and one-on-one interactions. A communications background can be helpful.
Compensation and Application Process
This full-time position has a starting salary range of $61,500 to $65,000 plus benefits package and the opportunity to work with leading global city climate action experts. This position offers opportunities for growth and professional networking and learning. ICLEI USA honors a “quiet Friday” work environment to provide team members with focus time. Our offices are closed the last two weeks of December and major holidays.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a maximum one-page writing sample to describe what you believe to be the most pressing sustainability issue(s) facing local governments today. Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2022, using the subject line: “Program Officer – Membership”. Interviews with potential candidates will be scheduled in late November, with an anticipated start date of January 1, 2023.
Job Email id: iclei-usa(at)iclei.org