|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||30 Sep 2022, 10:21 am|
|Closing Date||:||22 Oct 2022, 12:00 am|
Mine Action Third Party Monitoring Project Manager
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP implements a Third Party Monitoring (TPM) project funded by the US Department of State Office for Weapon Removal and Abatement (WRA) with the purpose of monitoring and verifying U.S. funded Conventional Weapons Destruction activities in Iraq at regularly scheduled intervals to confirm the accuracy of PM/WRA implementing partners' reports and the compliance with the terms and conditions of their respective agreements or contracts. The overall goal of the project is to enhance verifications of PM/WRA’s IPs’ reported activities and achievements and increase understanding and verification of the impact of PM/WRA’s funding on economic and social impact and benefits.
Description of Duties
THIRD PARTY MONITORING ACTIVITIES:
• Design and implement efficient organizational performance measurement systems that allow accurate and reliable information collection and reporting.
• Implement evaluations and learning capture processes consistent with best practices, including both quantitative and qualitative methods for addressing key programming questions and offering evidence-informed recommendations to enhance program performance.
• Ensure data are frequently and efficiently updated in programmatic dashboards.
• Facilitate after-action reviews and generate related reports.
• Ensures timely monitoring and that measurement of changes in program conditions are taken into consideration in planning, assessing impact and reporting on progress.
• Develop, maintain, and promote quality assurance and quality control protocol for ensuring integrity of data.
• Provide timely and constructive feedback to other PM/WRA office on reports, presentations, or other products as requested.
• Plan, coordinate and deliver advanced training in M&E activities and related information management systems and processes at required levels.
• Conduct site visit for PM/WRA implementing partners for M&E.
• Prepare monthly Reports for all information management and result of M&E reports of activities performed during the reporting period and activities planned for the following month and submit it to the Country Representative
• Development and refinement of the monitoring and evaluation protocols, mechanisms, tools, communication channels and information products.
• Conduct regular field visits to IPs implementation sites.
• Project planning:
• Revise overall project implementation strategy and develop the project work plan and mobilization of resources ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget.
• Ensure request for head office technical support is planned.
• Develop the project financial projections.
• Develop the project purchase plan.
• Organize, plan and lead project kick-off, project review and end of project meetings.
• Project Monitoring:
• Monitor project progress as per the work plan, anticipate and mitigate risks and issues, and where necessary ensure preventive and corrective actions are taken.
• Ensure project activities and output meet the iMMAP minimum standards during project implementation.
• Document project implementation through the dedicated tools and update the head office accordingly.
• Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
• External Coordination:
• Coordinate with the Donor and with all project stakeholders accordingly and in line with the project objectives.
• Internal Coordination:
• Organize regular project coordination meeting with the project team to ensure information is streamlined.
• Participate to regular project meetings updates with your superiors as requested and provide updates about implementation progress, challenges, risks.
• Ensure project records and documents required as means of verification of project activities are adequately collected, compiled, and archived according to iMMAP procedure and donor requirements.
• Plan and construct an operational project budget.
• Ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations.
• Monitor the spending of designated project funds on a regular basis and in line with iMMAP Iraq Country office guidance.
• Regularly coordinate with support departments to ensure financial resources are spent in line with the donors' regulations and as per the project needs and plans.
• If required, adjust the structure of the project team, and adjust ToRs outlining staff roles and responsibilities.
• If required, submit recruitment request for the project to HR Department and participate in the recruitment process.
• Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate training by providing formal trainings and on the job coaching to staff under your supervision.
• Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION:
• Contribute to the project M&E Framework definition.
• Ensure tracking of project activities, output and outcome indicators as defined in the project M&E framework.
• Actively contribute to the learning process around the project in close coordination with the Program Coordinator.
• Lead efforts to the development of M&E strategy for Iraq and provide technical support to improve iMMAP M&E, reporting and GIS tools.
• Ensure the adherence to donor procedures and respect of contractual obligations.
• Report regularly on project activities, challenges and indicators through the PM tools and procedures agreed with your line manager.
• Contribute to drafting external project progress reports, ensuring accuracy of the information provided.
• Participate in communication activities.
• Participate in new proposal development processes when required.
• Ensure regular coordination with iMMAP's security department.
• Assess and review the security status of identified areas of operation in close coordination with security focal points.
• Ensure security plans and protocols for the areas of operation and for the project are adequately followed.
• As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that the IMO will commit 5% of his time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional development.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES:
• iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field projects.
• Bachelors or master's degree in international development studies preferred but not required;
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in program management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Proven experience and very good knowledge of Mine Action programs.
• Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent command of both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
• Demonstrated experience in project design, developing results frameworks and M&E plans, data analysis, and writing reports for non-academic stakeholders
• Previous experience under PM/WRA grants is an asset.
• Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
• Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
• Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
• Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
• Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
• Ability to work based on objectives.
• Knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Office.
• Knowledge and experience working with Kobo Toolbox is an advantage.
• This position is entitled to receive a basic salary ($6000 - $7000) + expatriate package (Daily Per Diem + Danger Prenium + Housing Allowances or Guest House on-site + R&R)
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply:
Please register and apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/696