|Organization Name||:||CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.|
|Location||:||Cambridge, United Kingdom|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||10 Aug 2022, 11:02 am|
|Closing Date||:||02 Sep 2022, 12:00 am|
CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the persons communities of the world. Based on our Christian values and more than 100 years of professional expertise, we address poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability. We work in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
To keep pace with growth we are looking forward to hiring an Advocacy & Communications Manager - Inclusive Eye Health in Cambridge, UK.
UK contractual conditions and in accordance with the national immigration laws apply. Neither an expatriation nor a sponsorship are intended.
These are your responsibilities
- Develop and oversee strategic advocacy communications planning and implementation for IEHI strategic’s priorities, including digital, editorial, media, fundraising and partner-facing components as needed, clearly articulating and pursuing goals and metrics.
- Provide strategic guidance on positioning relevant IEHI issues to broaden the eye health, NTD and global health target audiences, working in close consultation with IEHI Director, team leads, and other CBM colleagues as necessary.
- Lead strategic advocacy and communications planning and implementation for IEHI programmes, including external events such as World Sight Day, and World NTD Day.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with senior advocacy and communications counterparts at partner organizations related to eye health and NTD work.
- Provide advocacy and communications expertise to the implementation of CBM’s Inclusive Eye Health (IEH) Strategy
- Represent CBM on IAPB Advocacy Working Group, UN Friends of Vision working groups, Uniting to Combat NTDs, and other similar networks as necessary and follow up on work packages resulting from participation in these groups
- Provide support and training to CBM country offices to conduct policy dialogues with national governments on World Report on Vision & implementation of Integrated People-centred Eye Care
- Provide support and training to CBM country offices to raise awareness with national and regional governments of progress against NTDs in alignment with the NTD roadmap 2021-2030
- Support country offices with other advocacy tasks at country level (e.g. to achieve institutionalization of Peek programmes in government systems)
- Monitor policies, trends, data & research in eye health
- Closely liaise and coordinate advocacy work with CBM’s advocacy team based in Germany
- Oversee and lead the development of talking points, event briefings, press releases, donor material and other content, as needed.
These are your qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or a related field; with a minimum of 5 years in public affairs, journalism or public relations related to global public health Advanced degree in a related field desirable
- Previous experience in curation and management of digital channels, including blogs, social media platforms, and other online media
- Proven experience in strategic communications and advocacy planning
- Experience with partner relations and building coalitions for advocacy and communications
- Demonstrated experience in the field of communications and global public health
- Working knowledge of the global eye health sector desirable
- Experience in policy research and analysis, with a focus on evidence, understanding political and policy contexts, and finding solutions
- Excellent editing and writing skills
Management experience preferred
Team player with the ability to work independently
Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with Adobe Suite of creative tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) or Canva
- English (professional proficiency). Working knowledge of another language (e.g., French) preferable
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world's leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- Salary range: 40K-46K/in alignment to years of experience and our remuneration framework
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people and diverse teams full of great team spirit
- Flexible working, homeworking, maternity/paternity/adoption and parental leave policy
- A competitive pension scheme. Subject to you making a minimum pension contribution of 5%, CBM will make a payment of 7% of annual salary towards the organisation’s pension scheme
How to apply
Please apply exclusively via our Job Portal:
We look forward to receiving your application documents!
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.
*Suitability is decisive, gender is irrelevant!
Job Email id: Paulina.Kempf(at)cbm.org