|Organization Name||:||Terre des Hommes Foundation|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Jun 2022, 05:52 am|
|Closing Date||:||23 Jul 2022, 12:00 am|
JOB AD DESCRIPTION
Entry into office: 15.08.2022
Type of contract: CDI
Activity rate: 100%
Place of work: Lausanne (Switzerland)
Application deadline: Terre des hommes does not set an application deadline for this position, recruitment is open until the position is filled.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is Switzerland's largest children's aid organization. Since 1960, Tdh has been helping to build a better future for underprivileged children and their communities through innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in nearly 40 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement projects in the field that help improve the daily lives of more than four million children and members of their communities, in areas of health, protection and emergency. This commitment is funded through individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
General job description:
Under the supervision of the Financial Operations Manager, in conjunction with the Area Management Controller (CG) and in close collaboration with the missions and other head office departments, you ensure the smooth financial running of the projects/countries under your area of responsibility. . You guarantee the financial follow-up and the optimization of contracts with donors and Tdh free funds directly allocated in the field. You inform your superiors and the CG Zone of any malfunction and the solutions to be put in place. You provide support, advice and training in financial and administrative matters.
You participate in the reflection and coordination of the implementation of intervention programs and activities of the Operations Department.
Your assignment :
• Ensure the analytical quality of accounting and compliance with the accounting cycle.
• Guarantee the financial management and optimization of donor contracts and unallocated funds available.
• Identify and inform about present and future financial risks and propose recommendations; ensure financial balance.
• Provide briefing / debriefing, support and admin / end training of field employees.
• Exercise functional authority over the Administrative Coordinator(s) of the missions through the validation of candidates during recruitment and the monitoring of the work on the mission.
• Participate in monitoring the audit system. Support missions for the preparation and follow-up of donor and statutory audits and those requested by local authorities.
• Evaluate the system of internal procedures (finances, administration) and ensure that they are updated and match the requirements of the Tdh Foundation and its donors; ensure their implementation. Guarantee the existence of an internal control system.
• Validate budgets related to new funding requests and potential changes.
• Validate financial reporting for donors.
• Participate, in conjunction with the CG Zone, in the updating and development of financial and administrative management procedures and tools .
• Validate monthly cash flow requests and forecasts and ensure the sending of funds to the field. Control and codify payments from donors. Monthly update of collection forecasts on AidCoverage.
• Carry out field missions to provide administrative support, train teams, provide occasional support, etc.
• Guide and support the annual budget process and periodic reviews; validate the final documents. Analyze and share information.
• Produces monthly financial analyzes of its delegations based on the reports available and shares them with the CG Zone who coordinates the overall point at portfolio level.
• Ensure coordination and permanent link with operations.
• Participate in the dissemination of reliable and accurate financial information
• Education: you have an advanced higher degree in accounting, commerce or management/finance
• Languages: French essential; Spanish and/or English preferred
• Desired experience: min. 3 years of experience as a field admin coordinator or headquarters management controller in a humanitarian aid NGO
• Mastery of common management and IT tools, in particular advanced level of Excel
• Mastery of the operation of the main humanitarian aid donors, knowing their financial and administrative requirements (ECHO, EU, USAID, UN, DFID, etc.)
• In-depth accounting knowledge
• Knowledge of the functioning of audit and internal control
• Competence in monitoring and collaborating with people working in the field and at headquarters (ability to train, advise, control, audit)
• Competence to evaluate, analyze, improve/propose improvements in procedures/tools.
• Knowledge of SAGA highly desirable. Mastery of computer tools, in particular advanced level of Excel.
• Manage time and priorities, meet deadlines and be punctual
• Communicate clearly, concisely and responsibly
• Know and respect the rules and processes of the different areas related to his activity
• Contribute to the development of tools and methods useful for the activities of its sector
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
• We are committed to respecting the Global Code of Conduct and to systematically reporting any breach of the Code through Tdh's reporting procedure: raising awareness within the Foundation about violence and abuse, and the resulting rights, to towards children, community members and our own employees
• We are committed to respecting Risk Management Policies, including: Safeguard policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Protection of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy, Abusive Behavior at Work Directive), Safety/Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention Policies against the Financing of Criminal Activities
• We are committed to reducing the risk of abuse by building an open and informed management culture within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we operate
We offer you exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, within a team that wants to make a difference for children in very vulnerable situations.
Have we piqued your interest? Do you want to take up this challenge?
Only complete files (CV + cover letter) posted on our official website will be processed. Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested later. We will only contact the files selected for further recruitment. Indeed, due to the large number of applications received, it is difficult for us to respond personally to each candidate. Thanks for understanding.
For any questions, please refer to the FAQ below the ads.
What is Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387850
Apply at: https://www.tdh.ch/en/node/33537