|Organization Name||:||Smile Train|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||31 Dec 2021, 04:02 am|
|Closing Date||:||28 Jan 2022, 12:00 am|
Smile Train is changing the world one smile at a time. We’re always on the hunt for curious, passionate, and innovative thinkers to join our team, to help us do what we do better.
An international nonprofit headquartered in New York, our mission is to transform the life of every person impacted by cleft lip and palate. We train and support doctors and medical professionals to provide free life-changing comprehensive cleft treatment to our beneficiaries. Our sustainable model has allowed us to reach 1.5 million children in 90+ countries to date and we’re just getting started. We are truly changing the world one smile at a time.
We are looking for a Program Manager, Thailand to join our team. This person would be the main point of contact and representative for Smile Train programs in Thailand. They will be responsible for the maintenance, growth, and improvement of programs by implementing effective and efficient strategies according to each partner or program’s needs, in line with regional and global objectives and guidelines.
The Program Manager will report to the Vice President, South East Asia. This is a full-time role based in Thailand, starting as soon as possible. Significant domestic and international travel is expected (approximately 60%).
Key Responsibilities & Duties
• Analyze and understand each partner hospital’s profile in order to develop and execute strategic plans, business processes, and necessary control mechanisms for the continuous monitoring of progress towards financial, programmatic, and medical (i.e. safety & quality) objectives in Thailand. More specifically, this Program Manager will oversee a regional education and training center and be asked to expand the program in Thailand.
• Work with supervisor to draw up measurable targets, specific checkpoints, and clear financial commitments as part of the budget planning and implementation process.
• Maintain consistent communication and good working relationships with existing partner hospitals, visit hospitals and conduct site visits as requested/needed, and work together to ensure the success of current and future programs.
• Continually seek out new Smile Train partners (hospitals and other) that can contribute to the furtherance of the organization’s goals and elicit their support. Open new partnerships following the organization’s protocols.
• Receive, review, and analyze all grant requests from local stakeholders, carry out ‘due diligence’ to either reject or approve those that fall within the agreed financial authority and plans, sharing with supervisor or headquarters when additional approvals are required.
• Help grow the organization’s brand and raise awareness for Smile Train programs by:
1. Supporting efforts to share Smile Train’s global messaging locally/regionally;
2. Upholding and furthering best practices in comprehensive cleft care;
3. Gathering marketing content (e.g. Photos/videos/stories, etc.);
4. Organizing and hosting visits by Smile Train ambassadors, donors/supporters and staff;
5. And, developing and maintaining effective communications with all key external stakeholders (e.g. Medical professionals, social/voluntary organizations, government functionaries, media, and patients/families).
• Act as a local representative, point of contact, and spokesperson for Smile Train and serve as the ‘eyes and ears’ for the organization in the region. Speak up when and where necessary about the organization’s aims, values and practices, keep track of cleft-related issues and developments and share this feedback internally and with partners, and attend events as requested/needed.
• Develop resources or generate reports as needed/requested (this may include material translation).
• Proactively respond and work with supervisor and Smile Train regional and global teams so as to keep communication channels open, projects integrated, and the organization moving together.
Smile Train is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Smile Train and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.