Bangladesh registered 44 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours while one person lost his life due to the infection, media reports said.
The total number of deaths registered in the country so far due to the viral infection is 29,124.
As many as 6,234 samples were tested across the country, for a positivity rate of 0.71 percent, reports bdnews24.
As per the news portal, Dhaka recorded the highest number of cases, with 37 infections.
- More countries eliminate neglected tropical diseases but investments key to sustain progress
- Mali: WHO doctor seized by ‘unidentified assailants’, as UNHCR raises alarm over continuing violence
- North Korea imposes five-day lockdown in Pyongyang to battle rising cases of 'respiratory illness'
- China says 80% of its population have had Covid-19: Reports
- WHO calls for action to totally eliminate trans fat, ‘a toxic chemical that kills’